Snake ID help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Jessie-

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to rescuing snakes and I was hoping someone on here could id this baby for me? Found Sth/west Syd NSW.

snake001-1.jpg

snake002.jpg

snake003.jpg

Baby Eastern Brown, usually lose the stripes as they get older.

Beautiful little brown snake, you would think a snake rescuer would be able to id it though..new or not
Nice pics to
Welcome to aps jessie
thanks snakeman, but yep I am new, this was my first brown snake rescue and I've never in my life seen a juv brown snake. I'm just learning as I go.

thanks everyone else for helping, now I know what a juv brown can look like... :) (all pics I've seen did not have the bands along the body)

Honesty

JESSIE..I admire your honesty for being new...its a pity there are so many cinical critics out there....cheers solar 17....

Sth/west Syd NSW.

Well these guys might not be in your field guide..
But Sth/West Syd is a good place to rescue them.

Foursome%20-%20Anery,Zigzag,Nominat,Snowmot.JPG

JESSIE get yourself a chart from NPW so you can identify what your catching ...........good on you for doing it , I am a snake catcher for QPW .....but you really need to know your most venomous snakes ......and what ven snakes are found around your area ......juv browns can look totally differant from adult and even each juvie can look differant so i am glad you asked on here if you get a chart though it may help you for future reference ..........RBB :)

JESSIE..I admire your honesty for being new...its a pity there are so many cinical critics out there....cheers solar 17....
Thanks solar17, I know! You gotta start somewhere, not everyone can be an 'expert' from day one.

Everyone can rest assured that I'm not walking around the house with it wrapped around my neck! I treat every snake with full respect and as if it is venemous.

JESSIE get yourself a chart from NPW so you can identify what your catching ...........good on you for doing it , I am a snake catcher for QPW .....but you really need to know your most venomous snakes ......and what ven snakes are found around your area ......juv browns can look totally differant from adult and even each juvie can look differant so i am glad you asked on here if you get a chart though it may help you for future reference ..........RBB :)
Thanks, I'll do that. :) A chart would be good. The field guides I have only have pics of the adult

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back