How cold is too cold?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few years back there was a article in the U.S A mag Breeders digest written by Stan Chiras, one of the most succesfull Diamond breeders.
He would put them in a styrofome box all winter with no water or heat, cant remmember temps.
Maybe google him.
Craig..

And if i remember correctly he had a couple die (or get very ill) as a result...

A few years back there was a article in the U.S A mag Breeders digest written by Stan Chiras, one of the most succesfull Diamond breeders.
He would put them in a styrofome box all winter with no water or heat, cant remmember temps.
Maybe google him.
Craig..

Fool:x

you can get away with that with some diamonds, but youll make most other pythons very sick, even kill them if you cool them that way.

i know a few people who who dont heat at all during winter and have no problems

i don’t have any heat at all in winter and it works for me never had a sick snake

I offered no night time heat to my bredli (which i s never do anyway) temps got to around 14 degrees at its coldest and for a change i gave them a day time basking spot of 35 degrees (which i haven't done before). I had my worst results ever.

Now for more conflicting info... i did/do the same as Waruikazi and have had healthy clutches the past 2 years running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back