A different looking tail

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravensgait

Reaction score
I thought this was kind of different. I first noticed this little girls tail a couple months ago when I caught her shedding, Since then the blueish color has slowly moved up her tail.
Chondro's have black, blue, yellow tails but I can't say as I've ever seen a Carpet with a colored tail. Could be something that will just go away when she's older or her tail could fall off lol. She's one of the Super Nova's from last Junes clutch.
DSC02335.jpg

here she is over a month ago you can see it has gone farther up her tail
DSC01998.jpg

This is a male clutch mate for comparison he has a rather normal tail color, they all had the dark tail tip.
DSC02332.jpg

Anyone have any thoughts on this girls um tail.. Randy

no thoughts on the tail, but gee shes pretty!!!

ahh, just realised who u were, of course shes pretty!!!

Ponybug has some with that color all over them, there called paradox.
PM him for some pics.
Craig..

Wow wat a beautiful snake. Wat wud 1 of those set me back????

Hi Randy

How many did you get of them in the hatch will any be up for sale what would one of these cost?? I love my blondes but that could change my mind! How big will they get?

Ponybug has some with that color all over them, there called paradox.
PM him for some pics.
Craig..

Nah mate, the paradox is different again, but he does have some blue ones :)

Beautiful lookin snake, ravinsgait :D

Hi Randy

How many did you get of them in the hatch will any be up for sale what would one of these cost?? I love my blondes but that could change my mind! How big will they get?

Randy is in America! ;)

Nice looking snakes mate! perhaps his tail is cold hence the blue? :)

Thanks folks,, cemspec there were 17 more or less like these two in the clutch. This girl is the only one with the weird tail color, was hoping someone over there had seen something like that before. Funny you say that cemspec I often think that about animals I see posted on this and other Aussie sites..
Jase, those are two of my 4 hold backs from that clutch, they sold pretty quickly.

This is another from the clutch, though it is hard to see in a photo her base or ground color is becoming lavender, which to be honest doesn't look all that nice well at least to me.
DSC02000.jpg

This was a weird clutch from the get go and getting stranger all the time. The bluish tail is just odd and I hope someone has seen something like it before. Randy

Randy purple is my favourate colour come for a visit to aust and put a couple in your socks for me I wont tell!!

No idea about the blue.. but stunning snakes.. I SOOO want one of these guys!

Randy, once again I'm lost for words and that doesn't happen often :)

yea, rub it in randy:p you have some stunning jags there mate, got any adult pics?

Thats got to be one of the worst snakes I have ever seen!

Now that I got your attention.

April Fools!

Very nice snakes ; )

Thanks again ,, hey not trying to rub it in just figured I go to the source for my question on her weird tail. Think of it this way we and the Europeans got a bit of a head start on you folks but think of how things will be in 10 years or so we'll be left behind ,you have more to work with..

Dragon Lady, I don't know that I'd admit that in public ;)

Reptilefever LMAO good one....

Here's an older one, took this last night she's getting close to shed but is still very bright.
DSC02345.jpg

If anyone has any ideas on that tail color chime in.. Thanks again..Randy

Maybe there just lightly coloured pigment cells? without the blacks and browns so you can see the colours underneath, sorta like an albino but not:? lol I know nothing about genetics or whether that's even possible, just a stab in the dark, Absolutely stunning snake by the way.
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back