Sydney Frog & Reptile Expo Castle Hill

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty Boop

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

so excited to be going to the frog and reptile expo at Castle Hill in Sydney on May 3rd, but have no knowledge of Sydney at all.

Can anyone help?

What is the best way to get from the airport to Castle Hill, is there a direct train or bus?

lol im probs working there.. but i got no clue where it is yet.. all i no its NEAR Cherrybrooke.. thats all the info i can give soz..

There's no train station at Castle Hill and it is quite some distance from the airport too. You could probably get a train from the airport to either Hornsby, Parramatta or Seven Hills and get a bus from there (i never catch buses so don't take my word for it though).

I reckon you'd be best off hiring a car for the day, it would be well worth the cost IMO. You're looking at 3-5 hours on public transport (if you're flying out that night?). You could cut that down to 2 hours driving time if you hire a car.

I agree with MrBredli. Castle Hill is out in the burbs in Hillsong territory. The vast majority of the locals are dependent on their own transport.

The best way to get from the aiport to Castle Hill.... Catch a train from the aiport to Parramatta, then you will need to catch a bus from Paramatta Station to Castle Hill Show Ground. I'm not sure of the bus numbers but you can get bus timetables online at www.131500.com.au You will need to get to Showground Road Castle Hill. Hope this helps. (you can also catch a cab from Castle Towers to the Show Ground).

And yes, it is a hike! Maybe you could make friends with some of the really really lovely people on here and someone will pick you up form Parramatta Station... That will cut at least an hour off your trip.

I caught a train to Parramatta then a bus to the show ground last year. Took bloody ages, but it's okay if you have company and such.

Thanks for the input, it seems hiring a car from the airport may be the easiest and quickest way.
Betty

Hire a car for this one Betty. The trains are very unreliable and a long time will be spent on it. Its alos not a cheap train ride from the airport neither.

If you train it to Parramatta then catch a bus to Castle hill, just make sure your at the front of the bus so you can keep asking the driver where you need to get off. From memory it's the #600 bus, but I believe that may have changed since they made the new Transit lane. Hopefully that will make it a shorter trip for you.

If money is no expense, go taxi, it will cost you at least $200 return, but ultimately it depends on how much your time is worth. Don't forget that hiring a car is also costly as you will also be paying for insurance on the hire car as well. Initially it's also time consuming to complete applications and make sure you have your credit card with you if they require you to pay a deposit.

Which ever way you choose to get there, rest assured that it will be worth it.

Melanie

yeh, i have caught a bus from castle towers (shopping centre) which is just up the road to parramatta before, and melanie is right it is the #600 bus but i have also heard that you can catch #610 also, you dont need to transfer to a different bus so it is pretty straight forward bus trip. hope this helps

i think theres buses from pennant hills station too?

The show is a castle hill show ground as you probebly would know and if you did decide to catch a bus you could just walk down showground rd until you get to the showground, it takes about 10 mins to walk.

Sorry but public transport to Castle Hill is a JOKE. Estimate 2-3 hours using trains and buses. Not good.

I would avoid public transport - to hire a car for the day will only be max $50 (maybe check out lastminute.com) and you will be spending close to that on public transport anyway (the train from the airport is about $15 each way!!!)

Save your money and stay home. Ask someone who is working there to video it for you. would be a 40 minute video and you be more comfortable and won't get ripped off at the food stall.

I went last year and was dissapointed with the value for money. It was very cramped and wasn't much to see.

You see all the animals here through the year or more at the Zoo and can buy other stuff just as cheap at your local supplier.

Don't think I will be going this year unless I am told it has improved.

Jackrabitt
Its a shame you havent enjoyed it, i know that Anthony works he's absoulute butt of to put this on for everyone.
You wont meet a nicer or more giving bloke than Ant.
Maybe you could be one of the voulanteers to help make it great, thats if your wiiling to give up a bit of your valued time!!!!!!

aside from the crowding (which is to be expected if its gonna be successful enough to run again) i thought it was great last year, definately worth teh effort even if castle hill is a pain in the butt to get to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back