Diamond Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheReptileMan

Reaction score
Just about to get a diamond python, was wondering how fast they grow?
like how long do they take to get to about 1 metre?
cant wait for mine to get big! :D
Thanx
ps. Sorry dont know if ive done this right, dont know if its in the right area lol, new to it and took me ages to figure out how to make a new post.

Last edited:
Just about to get a diamond python, was wondering how fast they grow?
like how long do they take to get to about 1 metre?
cant wait for mine to get big! :D
Thanx

hmm... i'm not actually sure how old my diamond is but its about 50cm long and its fairly skinny. I'd say it would proble take about a year or 8 months or so to get to one meter... but im just a beginner really. i have seen one 3yr old and he was about 1 to 1.5m. lol hope that helps a bit... i just know that it will be a bit of a wait if you get it as a baby before it gets big:) can wait til mine gets big.
Here's a photo:)

Attachments

• smokey.jpg
    smokey.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 132
    94.5 KB · Views: 89
cool thats helps heaps thanks! had no idea before lol
wow thats a beautiful snake!
thanx!

my diamond is just ova a year and is already 1 meter 30 cm and is growing very fast. they can get to about 6 foot. really beautiful snakes :)

mine is jus over a year and same size as frankii's bout 120-130cm, ive heard ppl say diamonds grow slower then a lot of otha pythons, mayb mine is just a machine but it seems to b growin real quick...Dan get ur diamond onto rats, ive found rats make a big difference to the growth rate of snakes...

i have two - one yearling at 1.3m and always wants more food, the other is a bit fussy with food and at about 80cm... I'm a bit worries the bigger one is growing too fast, nice to hear other people have them at about the same size for that age!

my female diamond is 2.5 years and is around 1.6m and my male is 4 years and 1.8m.. you can check the pics on my photos (on the right side of the screen under the amount of posts i have made)..

it depends on how you feed them, and if you cool them off each year, i belive not cooling them off, is a cause from 6 year syndrome, as if they dont get it, they have basically lived 12 years in six (approx)....mine is 2 and is 1.5, but she has a slight deformity, which i have mangaed to grow out nicely, i was sceptical about her food size at first, but she is doing well now. but back to the Q, a year for a meter, is a good bench mark....or 4 to 6 sheds in a year. thats more natural to go on, each snake is differant.....but be carefull to grow her to fast, as its not that good for them. hope this helps

Thanks everyone!
this helps alot!
cant wait to get him/her
find out the sex sometime this week!
Cheers, Dan.

i agree with ogg666
love the high yellow, hope mine turns out like that!
if not will still love it!

this is my girl

this is a pic from last year of my 4 year old girl and she is now eating 3 to 4 week old rabbits and her last shed measured 2.75 mts long

Attachments

• 100_1219.jpg
    100_1219.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 135
three & a bit years old when this was taken,

reps220.jpg

thanks guys.. she is a beauty aint she.. i bought her off Tojo (on APS) so check with him if he has any availabe cause he really does have nice snakes!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back