Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greg Maxwell's book is seen by many as a bible on GTP's. At the start of Greg's book he credits 6 Australians as a source of information to him. Two of those 6 people have commented in this thread that there is no way there are populations of these snakes in sydney. These comments are in conflict to those made by people who claim they know snakes yet not enough to catch a wild chondro at their back door.

You asked for expert opinion folks and you got it. Believe what you will.

Oh, and a chondro escaping???? as if!!! you would need to leave the door open for a month.

the fact is the polar bear has changed. Or has become more suited to it's new home....And as for "gravid females being released"...that is again suggesting that they are breeding....The idea was that they have been seen. I have found animals out of their enviroment before, how they got there, well the shingleback was obviously someones pet. And may have very well become subject to disease. But thats not the point. It was there...

Round and round in circles..

Too right Pete, (escaping comment haha)

The point people are STILL missing is a GTP is not a shingleback, a coastal a polar bear. Its a GTP!

They are NOT capable of just adapting to a Sydney environment, its never going to happen, move on..

Absolute myth is all I can say, there is no way a GTP would survive in the wild in the Sydney area, let alone breed.

Even a photo of a GTP on the steps of the Opera House with a sign in its mouth saying "I'm a genuine, wild GTP, living and thriving here in Sydney" wouldn't convince me.

Next there'll be claims of Komodo Dragons living in Tasmania.

Round and round in circles..

Too right Pete, (escaping comment haha)

The point people are STILL missing is a GTP is not a shingleback, a coastal a polar bear. Its a GTP!

They are NOT capable of just adapting to a Sydney environment, its never going to happen, move on..
No one really said it was survivng there. As for giving one out if it survived a week. I'd give the creature more than a week.

addy, i am not trying to say anything, i am correcting your spelling and pointing out in a somewhat witty way (if i do say so myself) that you are now, and have in the past, spouted off a load of codswallop
good night all...

the fact is the polar bear has changed. Or has become more suited to it's new home....And as for "gravid females being released"...that is again suggesting that they are breeding....The idea was that they have been seen. I have found animals out of their enviroment before, how they got there, well the shingleback was obviously someones pet. And may have very well become subject to disease. But thats not the point. It was there...

Are you sure their cages are not air conditioned, and the water cooled etc? I don't know specifically of the animals or captive conditions you mention, but that's how most polar bears would be kept around Australia.

addy, i am not trying to say anything, i am correcting your spelling and pointing out in a somewhat witty way (if i do say so myself) that you are now, and have in the past, spouted off a load of codswallop
good night all...
You can have the spelling, thats fair...Now as for now i'm not saying i've seen GTP. I'm just trying to give someone some slack while everyong else pays into them. It's fun to take the other side. As for codswallop in the past?!

Are you sure their cages are not air conditioned, and the water cooled etc? I don't know specifically of the animals or captive conditions you mention, but that's how most polar bears would be kept around Australia.

Their open air...their water is 16'C,,below that and the polar bears don't like it..It came to mind because it was on some show the other day about how they had changed since the're arrival.

Are you sure there is no other special cooling features in the habitat, such as in the cooling from underneath the ground/floor of the habitat?

you wish mate !! i know if i saw a reptile like a condro in sydney i would of taken photos and baggged it quick smart!!! lol

Are you sure there is no other special cooling features in the habitat, such as in the cooling from underneath the ground/floor of the habitat?

16'c is cold. Not sure is they need to cool it to get it there. but it isn't the cold waters of the artic. It's open air. The idea is where an animal does live may differ to where is can live, even if it's only a temporary.

it would be here.......:D ps in a cage........can i have some LSD to......:lol:

Attachments

• abcon.jpg
    abcon.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back