Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah what a crack up.. this is still going..

Tomatopaste, your just making it completely obvious you know NOTHING about GTPs.

Tell me, how would you keep one if you owned one? Give me some set up ideas lol..

Addy, you are wasting your time, Jamie knows more about this species than you can imagine, leave it be..

Not wasting my time. This is fun.

I feel dumber after reading this thread...

What I never understand is how the few absurdly ill educated always manage to argue with some of the most knowledgable in their field - even after having this pointed out they continue...

Oh, and please remember to wear your stack hats out in public - you are a danger to yourselves and the community...

Stack hats? i'd be advocating condoms

Ah what a crack up.. this is still going..

Tomatopaste, your just making it completely obvious you know NOTHING about GTPs.

Tell me, how would you keep one if you owned one? Give me some set up ideas lol..

Addy, you are wasting your time, Jamie knows more about this species than you can imagine, leave it be..

I never claimed to be an expert on GTP's pugs. The point of this thread is that we're debating the possibilities of a snake existing out of its natural habitat. Experts provided their advice on the ability of the GTP to survive in an environment such as sydney and i never argued against that. I raised the issue of alternative methods for the snakes to have survived utilising human habitation in the area. The whole 'your making it clear you know nothing about GTP's' is a stupid statement and unnecessary. I doubt these experts have studied GTP's ability to live in Sydney so ones expertise is restricted to the knowledge of behaviours and ideal temperatures etc in their natural habitats and in captivity. This is an open discussion to everyone and I raised perfectly valid points. But seing as you obviously find immense faults in what i have said, please give me some solid reasons why the plausible but improbable is now considered impossible.

I'm going to have a six pack by tomorrow..

Thanks for the entertainment all! Time for beddie byes.

I feel dumber after reading this thread...

What I never understand is how the few absurdly ill educated always manage to argue with some of the most knowledgable in their field - even after having this pointed out they continue...

Oh, and please remember to wear your stack hats out in public - you are a danger to yourselves and the community...

I suppose those who initially argued the world was NOT flat were absurdly ill educated too...

wait, the worlds not flat?

I'm not argueing that they survived. People had already stated that they can't survive so far south. Others were talking about their apparent experiences. So i put in my 2 cents

"
"Now Green Tree Pythons are a tropical Snake that need a certain humidity and heat levels etc,,,,,,But who said it was self sustaining.. I know of a pitucular park in sydney that was strongly rumoured to have had a GTP in it when i was about 13. Didn't know anything much about them at the time.. Anyway what i am saying is Don't go saying 100% doesn't have them....I have personally found a blue bellied penquin in botany bay, and a shingleback lizard in sir joseph banks park (right next to botany bay).

If someone says they have seen them, or even just 1. Who is anyone on this site, to say otherwise."

I'm clearing just saying, if they claim they saw one, let it be. How is that argueing with "the most knowledgable in their field"

Again, you are just showing you no nothing about GTPs.

I'll ask again, tell me how you would set one up? Let me guess, just like any other carpet? No.

Tell me how they will be able to get the constant humidity they require in a rooftop. Tell me how roof tops are WARM in Winter. How are they going to get temps in the mid 20s constantly in a roof or anywhere else? Why are we talking about roof tops, we were talking the outdoors on page 342?!

Do a google search, read up. There not a Polar Bear..

Or are they ...

Attachments

• polar_bear_knut_380 copy.jpg
    polar_bear_knut_380 copy.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 26
Tomato - Explain to me the EXTREMELY limited distribution of GTPs...surely this suggests something to you...

We are not talking whimsical possibilities here - we are talking common sense - all you are doing is fuelling idiocy...*sigh*

Addy - This is not one person claiming they saw one once - so far we are dealing with people who claim to have seen (or more importantly - claim to know someone who has seen) a GTP in Sydney on an ongoing basis for the past 20 years...

...a little common sense people, it's all I ask...

Hell, Willia6 made more sense in this thread than some - that's saying something...

in a 1000 X 500 X500 enclosure, with a few branches, paper substrate, ceramic heater, infr-red bulb for night. and use misting for humidity requirments.. they are rather nocturnal so....wait,,was this question for me? why can i only post once every 900 seconds

Again, you are just showing you no nothing about GTPs.

I'll ask again, tell me how you would set one up? Let me guess, just like any other carpet? No.

Tell me how they will be able to get the constant humidity they require in a rooftop. Tell me how roof tops are WARM in Winter. How are they going to get temps in the mid 20s constantly in a roof or anywhere else? Why are we talking about roof tops, we were talking the outdoors on page 342?!

Do a google search, read up. There not a Polar Bear..

wow, was it just me or was the first thing i said in reply to your last post "I never claimed to be an expert on GTP's "..............:rolleyes: and actually no, i wouldnt treat it just like any carpet. I am aware that all snakes require conditions specific to their species and would do the relevant research before taking a GTP into my care. The fact is that i dont own a GTP and dont consider the exact care details worthwhile learning and remembering. And yeah, tropical snake = higher humidity and temp. thanks. got that part. Believe it or not, roof's actually provide shelter from outside conditions. They eliminate wind, are usually full of thick insulation and funnily enough are connected to the rooms they sit atop by ventilation. If you want to be really specific, the GTP could settle down above the ventilation of a bathroom giving it a nice daily steam bath. But hey dont just take my presumtions here. Its not like igloos actually keep people warm in FREEZING snowing environments.....The whole point of this discussion (and all discussions in the scientific world) is that we are faced with an unknown situation and we have only the facts we know about the 'ideal' environment for a GTP and we are providing possible solutions to our situation. History is riddled with unexpected outcomes. You seem to view this whole issue in a very black and white manner and it would be extremely.....confident.....of you to presume what we have learnt so far from a scientific perspective is enough to confidently eliminate all possibilities as you are suggesting. oh, and you still fail to supply me with a legitimate and solid counter argument to fully discount any of the theories i proposed. Its nice to have a constructive argument with someone of your calliber

Tomato - Explain to me the EXTREMELY limited distribution of GTPs...surely this suggests something to you...

We are not talking whimsical possibilities here - we are talking common sense - all you are doing is fuelling idiocy...*sigh*

Addy - This is not one person claiming they saw one once - so far we are dealing with people who claim to have seen (or more importantly - claim to know someone who has seen) a GTP in Sydney on an ongoing basis for the past 20 years...

...a little common sense people, it's all I ask...

Hell, Willia6 made more sense in this thread than some - that's saying something...

no im fuelling a genuine plausible answer to how a GTP could be surviving in the circumstance. you are refusing to depart from the improbability (i will agree impossibility) of GTP's moving down to sydney forrest and surviving there in large numbers and accepting the possiblity of an isolated case of a few specimens surviving

Hahaha oh your too funny..

"The fact is that i dont own a GTP and dont consider the exact care details worthwhile learning and remembering."

No kidding!

Your still going on about living in roofs, when this thread is about living in the wild, OUTDOORS in Sydney.

Stop making up excuses as to why or how it MAY be POSSIBLE, its ridiculous, would never happen, and again I would bet a GTP it is completely fanciful.

It IS black and white, you are creating grey areas.

Theories you proposed? Living in sheds and rooftops = No. We are talking about OUTSIDE.

Caves and burrows? Mate, its not even worth discussing..

Anyway, don't stop me ruining your fantasy.

Another teenage expert hey J!

maybe they are there visiting rellies at the zoo?

id say its the old mistaken identity with green tree snakes,just like people thinking that the bearded dragon the saw in south of australia was a frilled neck,green tree pythons would not survive anywhere in sydney,there not mammals like polar bears,they need certain temps for living and sydney is way different to a north qld rain forrest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back