Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomato - Explain to me the EXTREMELY limited distribution of GTPs...surely this suggests something to you...

We are not talking whimsical possibilities here - we are talking common sense - all you are doing is fuelling idiocy...*sigh*

Addy - This is not one person claiming they saw one once - so far we are dealing with people who claim to have seen (or more importantly - claim to know someone who has seen) a GTP in Sydney on an ongoing basis for the past 20 years...

...a little common sense people, it's all I ask...

Hell, Willia6 made more sense in this thread than some - that's saying something...

Firstly i read that as sightings 20 years ago.
secondly i didn't even hint it was true

way too late now people, i have work tomorrow. later

freight or first class?

Hahaha oh your too funny..

"The fact is that i dont own a GTP and dont consider the exact care details worthwhile learning and remembering."

No kidding!

Your still going on about living in roofs, when this thread is about living in the wild, OUTDOORS in Sydney.

Stop making up excuses as to why or how it MAY be POSSIBLE, its ridiculous, would never happen, and again I would bet a GTP it is completely fanciful.

It IS black and white, you are creating grey areas.

Theories you proposed? Living in sheds and rooftops = No. We are talking about OUTSIDE.

Caves and burrows? Mate, its not even worth discussing..

wow, you really have me beat there. i agree this issue is completely black and white cos were talking about something that we have firm scientific evidence and studies behind, its not like someone has just come up with an unusual proposition and we have provided explanations to make the whole concept more plausible.

and i still have no idea where on earth you get this idea that were only talking about outdoors. this started with someone claiming to have seen a GTP in a tree somewhere in sydney. where you got the idea that this snake was chained to the trees and not allowed to move to a warmer place in WINTER is beyond me. the roof argument came about because other people suggested teh snake wouldnt survive a winter. introducing the possibility of using a roof for winter helps explain how a snake would survive this introduced variable. you seem to be having trouble understanding that we dont actually know everything about the world and that were actually discussing possible ways for the survival (note: SURVIVAL, not perfect health as maintained in your ideal captive conditions. they do live in the wild remember) of this snake.

oh and i also like how you deem it necessary to start every post with something demeaning to show how ur obviously the all encompassing expert on the universe, nice touch;)

OMG!! who cares LOL ...also what are you all scientists? my god people :lol:
</IMG>

Tomato - If GTPs are so adaptable please explain their extremely limited distribution range...

Anyway, don't stop me ruining your fantasy.

Another teenage expert hey J!

bahahahahaha :lol: your the one claiming expertise on the subject

im only providing theories, yet to be proven/disproven by actual scientific method, not your inspecific expertise

Anytime!

I get paid to argue, I would be here all night if you didn't take so damn long to respond, I would say its because of your excellent gramar... (Oops there I go again!)

"were talking about something that we have firm scientific evidence and studies behind"

Mmmm last time I checked, Greens HAVE been studied, AND believe it or not, HAVEN'T been found in Sydney..

But again, don't let me tell you it's more likely Paris Hilton is a virgin...

Tell you what, when I have a spare GTP that I want to kill, I will happily let it go with a satelite tracking system in Sydney ok.

$10 I find that tracking system inside a lace monitor about 3 days later lol..

Tomato - If GTPs are so adaptable please explain their extremely limited distribution range...

most likely a combination of other competitive species, ideal habitats for any significatn numbers and a multitude of other factors far beyond the scope of this thread.

i doubt these snake would find any benifit in removing themselves from their specific range which is ideal for them where they have evolved into a nice little niche.

i'm just chucking up some possibilities which could explain how a GTP could exist around Sydney if forced to.

just to confirm my initial opinion. i dont claim that this story is true or false. im just going into possible (however unlikely) outcomes

bahahahahaha :lol: your the one claiming expertise on the subject

im only providing theories, yet to be proven/disproven by actual scientific method, not your inspecific expertise

Tomato - You have argued specifics with a number of people who have an extremely large amount of knowledge in regards to the requirements of GTPs - you on the other hand have no experience and expect them to 'disprove' your random concepts...?

If I 'theorised' that the GTPs had developed cold fusion generators to warm themselves on a chilly Sydney winter night would you also expect this to be scientifically addressed and disproven...? God I hope not...

do it aslan

sorry, i'm bored, and there is little activity on the forum, so i am reduced to egging on ridiculous arguments. please forgive me

Anytime!

I get paid to argue, I would be here all night if you didn't take so damn long to respond, I would say its because of your excellent gramar... (Oops there I go again!)

"were talking about something that we have firm scientific evidence and studies behind"

Mmmm last time I checked, Greens HAVE been studied, AND believe it or not, HAVEN'T been found in Sydney..

But again, don't let me tell you it's more likely Paris Hilton is a virgin...

by all means keep crapping on about my knowledge and grammar and intelligence instead of the actual discussion. definitely makes you out to be a better person

ha, funny that, i thought they were completely unknown to us....theyve been studied in their natural habitat and in captivity. For the millionth time, were NOT talking about a mass migration or survival of an entire species in a comparitively inhospitable location. We're talking about an isolated incident!!!!!!!

This really is such a ridiculous conversation. If someone said they saw a Taipan at Eastern Creek, nobody would start throwing out theories as to how it could possibly have got there, or whether or not a population actually exists out there. It would be a simple case of, "No, you saw an Eastern Brown Snake, not a Taipan." Change Taipan to GTP and look what happens. :rolleyes:

There are no wild GTP's in Sydney - period, end of story, close the thread, everyone off to bed, tune in next week for another episode...

There are no wild GTP's in Sydney - period, end of story, close the thread, everyone off to bed, tune in next week for another episode...

...appreicated MrB - I am somewhat embarassed for having gotten so involved in such an absurd topic for so long... :oops:

Night all...

Tomato - I eagerly await the publication of your rivetting 'thesis' on the ability of Green Tree Pythons to inhabit and survive in the roof cavities of Sydney homes...I particularly look forward to the chapter where you elaborate further on their ability to regulate their humidity needs by perching above steamy showers...

...may I add that their likely staple food source would be the almost-as-elusive dreaded Drop Bears of Southwest Sydney...just a theory...feel free to spend time and effort debunking this with scientific resources...

Tomato - You have argued specifics with a number of people who have an extremely large amount of knowledge in regards to the requirements of GTPs - you on the other hand have no experience and expect them to 'disprove' your random concepts...?

If I 'theorised' that the GTPs had developed cold fusion generators to warm themselves on a chilly Sydney winter night would you also expect this to be scientifically addressed and disproven...? God I hope not...

The simple fact is were talking about the extreme possibility of this GTP surviving. I recognise these experts knowlegde and experience and respect it. I would gladly take their word on GTP's if it were in regards to the species as a whole or captive requirements.
I simply provided a situation to improve the likelyhood of the snake surviving in a single isolated situation as suggested in the initial topic.
I doubt it would happen. It is an absolute extreme for a GTP but i would still say that it is not inconveivable that a GTP could find enough warmth in a roof to survive a Sydney winter. I AM talking about extremely remote possibilities and recognise that. I dont preted that any GTP let go in Sydney would survive, in fact, i would argue it would be dead by winter as most everyone else has but there is always a possibility for survival if the right situation arises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back