Pitt Bull Attack!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
" I feel manly " - Wake up to your self !!!!!!
My dog means the world to me, and to see a dangerous breed of dog attack her for no
reason at all would not go down to well with me,
The thought of her being savaged to death.....................:evil:
What would you do if someone you loved was being attacked and the final outcome could result in its/her/his death ??
I know what I could do........................and I would.
There's an old saying where I come from,
"Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 "
Cheers,
Aleks.:D

I love my dogs, but once separated and my dog is in no danger it is not necessary to kill another dog.

I believe that no animal attacks for no reason. Only humans attack without a reason. Has anyone noticed how murderers, rapists, serial killers, et ectera, have been given terms such as "animalistic", or other such animal-related adjectives? I wonder how that is, because animals don't torture for pleasure. Humans do that, so why did animals get the short end of the stick? Even animals such as juvenile cheetahs, that play with young gazelles that obviously results in death one way or another. They aren't torturing. They're playing and they're learning.

Anyway, I digress.

A dog, for example, has specific reasons for attack or defense. Such as a territory dispute, or with multiple dogs, fights over dominance. Fights over food, females, and onwards. My point is, if you consider your dog's personality, breed and needs, then there shouldn't be any problem. Especially if you have good fences, protection against digging, and sensible kids that know better than to annoy the dog.

Animals are much more instinct driven than we are, and they depend on us to know what can and will invoke certain instincts. For example, someone shouldn't put a dog that is food protective with little kids. Food protective dogs protect their "kill", a simple instinct for us to know. However, kids obviously don't know it, so it's up to parents, owners, etc. to make sure that the dog and child don't meet around feeding time, even if the dog is absolutely lovely every other time.

My main point is that animals don't attack for no reason, and it's up to us to learn these reasons for an agressive and or defensive dog. It's not the dog's fault if an owner fails to realise why it acted a certain way.

~ notechistiger.

Pretty good post. But things like food protection can be trained out of a dog. Regardless, if my dog was food protective and I managed to "train" it out of him then I still would not let anyone but me approach (as the alpha "dog") just in case.

Wow....I've never heard so my crap in my life!

"Why does the breed matter? All breeds will bite or attack if raised by ****ty owners."
I'll tell you why the breed matters. The simple fact is pit bulls were created to fight other dogs. Thats it! There are other breeds who were used in the same way but dog-human aggression was bred out of them by selective breeding. Pit bulls were the same till the red necks and gang members got hold of them. Thats why the genuine breeders have distanced themselves from the name pit bull and now call their even tempered dogs American Staffy's.

"If it would of attacked my dog, it would be have been killed on the spot - no hesitation."

Well done that man! My wife and son were walking our our dogs on lead, when my dogs were attacked by a pittyXmastif and some other cross thing. I went looking for the dogs myself as I was going to string them up. Didn't find them but found where they lived. I made sure they were dead within the week. Well done Darwin Council! Did it make me feel....whats the word......"Manly" I felt only happiness that those dogs would not attack anything ever again (it was the second attack by those dogs btw)

How about this quote from Troy89
"poor pitpull(if infact thats what it was) there are better ways of getting a dog off besides that!!!"
Poor pit Bull....***.....F^*$ the pit bull. Well done to the woman!!!!!

How about this one from notechistiger.
"My main point is that animals don't attack for no reason, and it's up to us to learn these reasons for an agressive and or defensive dog. It's not the dog's fault if an owner fails to realise why it acted a certain way."

14 years of working with dogs that are trained to attack people tells me that sometimes....there are just evil dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back