blue tounge information please!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaidro

Reaction score
hi everyone. we would like to ask a question or 3. :) we have a bluie who is bout 27cms long, and would like to know what kind of signs would we look for if he was sick. also he is being fed each second day on cat food, beef mice, a couple of spoonfulls, and some lettuce every few days. with his calcium powder. would like to know if this okay, and what other foods he could eat. his 'poo'looks normal. and he acts alright. just wondering if anyone has some info for us?

thank you so much. :)

Hi Kaidro,

Try to avoid feeding your bluey lettuce. I've attached a food guide provided by http://bluetongueskinks.net/blue.htm for your information. Has been very helpful to me.

All the best!:D

JungleRob

Attachments

• BTSfoodrankings2.doc
    102 KB · Views: 26
will anyone please give us info? not refer us to a site full of facts? please....?

A sick bluey, the things I would look for in a sick blue tongue would be, no energy, loss of appetite, runny nose, sneezing, diarrhoe, weight loss, sticky eyes, and basically a change in his normal behaviour. On the food side, I try to provide a variety of different foods, dog food and boiled egg they love but I keep them for treats, banana, rockmelon, grapes, watermelon, pawaw, mushroom, cooked carrot, squash, beans, cooked pumpkin, I've found blue tongues to have a taste for a lot of different fresh foods. They need to exercise their jaw too, so don't make everything mushy, make him chew somethings. Hope this helps.

will anyone please give us info? not refer us to a site full of facts? please....?

Kaidro, i have 9 blue tongues and have kept them for a long time. bluetongueskink.net is a fantastic site and the bloke that runs it knows his stuff. if your really interested in helping your blue tongue, read the site start to finish.

A site full of facts is exactly what you are looking for..
bluetongueskinks.net will be a great help and the forum there is full of people who
can answer your questions.
Junglerob did u a favour mate.

What is your question? Why is it not answered in the page of facts?

Why are you finding out what he would be like if he waas sick? Because thats a really hard question to answer as it depends on what the illness is as to what he would be displaying.

I personally dont feed mine so much processed meat. Mine get vegies every two days and some meat cut up once or twice a week. Calcium is put over food twice a week also. And crickets are given every one to two weeks (they loooooove hunting for crickets lol)

Lettuce is not going to give enough nutrients. Try some carrot, mushrooms (mines fav), cucumber, cherry tomoatoes, celery... try a variety of foods... I buy those mixed salads for their leafy greens as they include a few diffrent types... I try to include three to four diffrent types of fruit and veg in every meal to keep it balanced.

So if you could claify for us.. do you think your bluey is sick or do you think his current care might make him sick?

I hope you read the site full of facts btw :)

Sonia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back