White-Lipped Snake caught in the house...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sebii

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hiya all, just thought I'd post the video I took of a White-Lipped Snake I caught in my home...heard the cat hissing so I picked it up, put it in a bucket and let it go near the creek behind my house :D

[video=youtube;cQtH_BmSo9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQtH_BmSo9A[/video]

Haha you can say that again! I have to admit I looked at it for a good 15 minutes after I had it in the bucket. Apparently a lot of these are showing up around here in Armidale after the recent floods...unfortunately many people are mistaking them for Red-Bellied Black Snakes due to their pink underbelly and killing them.

there seems to be alot around the lake maquarie and armidale, hunter region atm. most people who ive know that hate snakes have mistaken these for juv browns simpily because they look browny/ greyish and killed them. then they feel like crap when i tell them there harmless and lecture them about killing these beaut creatures. white lips are the most placid snake or at least have been the ones ive relocated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back