Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
heres a big hooky bastard my huntin mates caught on the weekend without me :evil:someone had to wk thou:rolleyes: they caught him in the mountains with a wolfhound x staghound bitch..he went 101.5kgs fully gutted.. she did really well to hold him by herself and not get any injuries.. theyre still givin me heaps bout not being there, they reckn ill have to stay home more often.:lol::lol: he is a pearler of a boar thou..

cheers tonks

cmon matty give it to me im waitin:rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

Attachments

• pep1.jpg
    pep1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 159
  • bighog1.jpg
    bighog1.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 158
Last edited by a moderator:
yep she sure is grafton chick but shes a great family dog with kids and would lick u to death..:lol: but she hates pigs..
shes the big brindle one in the middle and her daughter is on the right..

cheers tonks

Attachments

• doogs.jpg
    doogs.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 141
you can see the wolfhound in her. Looks very happy with herself. Is her daughter going to be as good a dog?

What do you think is a good age to start a pup off. We have a stag pup who is just over 4mths and he already chases bunnies and foxes in our paddocks. We have been told its way to early for him but he does it all by himself.

Now Tonk, what did all work & no play do for Jack.:lol: Big girls doing great by the way mate.:D:D
heres a big hooky bastard my huntin mates caught on the weekend without me :evil:someone had to wk thou:rolleyes: they caught him in the mountains with a wolfhound x staghound bitch..he went 101.5kgs fully gutted.. she did really well to hold him by herself and not get any injuries.. theyre still givin me heaps bout not being there, they reckn ill have to stay home more often.:lol::lol: he is a pearler of a boar thou..

cheers tonks

hey grafton chick hopefully her daughter will be better, thats the aim to breed better dogs than their parents (doesnt always wk thou lol) her dad was a freak so im hopin she takes after him but shes shapin up good atm shes 18mths now..

yeah lee i know mate but someone had to wk:rolleyes:good to hear the big girls goin good;)

hey isis i dont know much bout fox and rabbit chasin but wen a dogs ready they ready..my pup in the pic above i took out at 6mths old and she went straight on a pig with another dog and hasnt looked back, then ive got a bully/kelpie that i took out at 12wks old yes 12wks and she had a bark and a chew on a couple pigs we caught with the other dogs.. uve just gotta be careful that they dont think theyre bigger than they actually are and get hurt as this can stuff there confidence..

cheers tonks

I start taking my pups out at about 12 weeks. The only thing you have to be careful off is them getting lost. Older dogs that start dont seem to be a good as pups for some reason at finding thier way around. Maybe because the pups know your scent from birth and an older dog that has not been bush before takes a while to adjust. Pups adjust to anything.Took my 2 baby boyz out the other day but all they wanted to do was rumble in the grass. But when they saw that dead pig they were amazed and so thier hunting life started. Matt

DSC00431.jpg

Nice one, well done. I myself am a bow hunter, having migrated from the rifle some years ago. There is nothing like nailing a big boar with a 3 pointed broadhead from 30 meters and seeing it go down. They are a pest and it is great to see someone netting some big breeders.

Paliadon , ive done it myself. Some pigs but mostly goats and its such a rush. Bow hunting is without a doubt one of the purest forms of hunting and takes great skill to be good at. It is REAL hunting ;) Matty

theyre lookin good matty would go alright over my dingo dog if they cut the grade lol

Havn't been on here for awhile so I have to jump in late. Here's some of my pics

1761My_buff.JPG

1761Pig1.jpg

1761geese.jpg

1761roperpig.jpg

1761the_crew.jpg

1761Donkey2.jpg

hey mate good pics and thankx for sharing ;) Just talking to my wife last night watching a show on Darwins waterfowl , wongering how Magpie geese taste ?? Good or what ?? Cheers Matt

good pics bakes;) u hunt with the halls much?? they get amongst some top hogs a fair bit aye:lol:

I used to a lot when I lived in Katherine Tonk. I still try to get down there in the dry for a hunt or two. Yes they do get some good pigs. The buggers are out every weekend though! Hunting with Gary is never boring.

Matty. I think they are pretty good. Very dark lean meat, I just cook it like veal. I love it in our own version of sweet and sour. Even the wife and kids like it. I've told the boys they get 50c per pellet they find :)

There is not much meat on them other than the breast meat (nice big fillet). The legs get the nails cut off and go to the dogs. The pooches love them and its great for their teeth!
1761Pipes2.JPG

The thing laying on top is the trachea (sp?) Its gives the big males their deep honk ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back