Would my car make the distance? Your Honest Opinion.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonustokin

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I am currently planning a trip from Ballina NSW ( near Byronbay) to Cairns.

I have been looking to buy a Van for the trip but I'm not having much luck finding any local or the right price.

I currently have a little 1995 Daewoo 1.5i Hatchback, 5 speed manual.

Now if i were to put on a towbar and tow a trailer with a snake enclosure or two ( without the snakes in them, obviously) in the trailer, do you think my little car would make it? :shock:

Its currently sitting on 237,310 km. BUT the majority of them km were on the freeway, so not too much hard work has been done.

Your Honest Opinions please?????

Thanks Bill.

Attachments

• passanger side.jpg
    passanger side.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 62
I had one of those cars for a few years, also just driven around town. I did the trip from brissie to mackay in one hit which was 10 hours without a big stop. I returned 3 weeks later. car didnt miss a beat.
I think as long as you dont overdo it and take a slow trip up you should be fine. Of course it depends on the actual car and servicing etc.

I don't see why not... don't thrash it and enjoy the scenery.... What you doing when you get here? Going for a beer?

possibly, but a mechanic (a trustworthy one) could tell you for sure!

Sorry... i think that "going for a beer" comment went straight over my head.... Yeah, You gunna join me? :p

Sorry... i think that "going for a beer" comment went straight over my head.... Yeah, You gunna join me? :p

haha... woooosh....

For sure I think that was the reason I asked!

PJ O'Briens for sure.... tell me when you get here...

Hey Billy, I've got some good bredli for sale when you get here ;)
With a trailer mate you'd want to take it easy.
I've done the drive a few times with a caravan but my turbo deisel makes easy work of it, watch the temp, take lots of breaks.

hahahaha beauty!
Yeah, well within the last few minutes, i have decided, i wont need a trailer... I just done some measuring and one enclosure will fit in the back, and one will fit on the roof racks :D
Should be there around the start of June.

I suggest that u take it easy like someone has already suggested and atke lots of breaks

Good luck with the trip , stay safe and take it easy ;) and have fun :lol:

do what i did billy just take the punt and do it ;) just make sure you get roadside service. Just take your time and dont push the car too much and enjoy your trip :)

do what i did billy just take the punt and do it ;) just make sure you get roadside service. Just take your time and dont push the car too much and enjoy your trip :)

If you break down Hobbs can put the car in the back of his van and drive you back home ;)

Really though mate , your what 24 ish , got no kids , no debts , get out there and just do it while you can , if it sucks up there just come back home .

yeah just give it a good service before you go and it should be perfectly fine.

i'd dump the deawoo..

even if it does make the trip, do you really want to be seen in one of those? i wouldn't..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back