How long did you wait for a licence?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSnake

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I was on the environment.gov site, looking at a reptile licence and it says ''process may take up to 21 working days''. (1mth inc w/e)

and I thought how long did you have to wait? was it the full 21 days, or was it much sooner?

i waited a week all you have to do is ring them and tell them its urgent

i sent my form off 2 weeks ago and am still waiting. I was told that it may take up to 7 weeks because everyones wildlife returns are due and that will probably take priority over the issuing of new licences. I hope not!!

i just got mine the other day, it took them (victoria) over 2 months.....

WHAT!!!! i hope it doesnt take that long i have my snake oh hold at the moment assuming it will only be a few weeks off. Did you try calling them in that time or just wait?

It may depend on the state. I put a deposit on my first snake while waiting for the paperwork, then picked her up when I got it. Gives you time to set up the enclosure and test the temperatures (trying to look on the bright side here).

Yeah but 2 months seems a long time to wait, even the enclosure i ordered will only take another 2 weeks at the MOST! I dont understand why it takes so long, all they have to do is bank the cheque (which will be done right away no doubt) and send it off, or am i missing something? Is it more complex than that?

I have just sold my darwin about 2 weeks ago and we are still waiting for the movement advise forms, Its not bad for me i spose but the person that bought her wants her asap....as you do when you buy a new snake

so it would seam that victoria takes longer than other states. I am dying to get my snake home!!!!!!

I posted my application on a Tuesday, it arrived at the EPA office the following day (Wednesday) and I collected my licence paperwork on the Friday.

So if i call them they are more likely to get it done sooner rather than later?

Guess i shouldnt complain, even if it arrived tomorrow i wouldnt have anywhere to keep the snake anyway. Will leave it til i have terrarium set up then hassel them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back