What To Keep In New Enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TWENTY B

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
After seeing the coffe table enclosure at Mac Herps my mum decided one of those would be very nice in our lounge room.
So me and my old man are making one, the frame is already built glass is coming very soon and it should be finished in a few weeks.
So now is the timew to decide what to keep in there so i can start instaling all the electrics. (I'm an electrician)

it is 1030w x 530d x 400h inside
glass top and 3 glass sides with the electrical box on the 4th side
i can keep just about anything i want in there but it has to be a little lively, not something that will sit in one place all the time and not move, or something that will hide all day..

i wanted to keep ackies in there but i think they will need to much heat.

SO PEOPLE... What do you think should go in the lounge room coffe table enclosure?
Ackies
Beardies
Pygmie Beardies
give me your ideas.. so i can spend some money

you probably dont want anything that will be crapping 24/7.....

it would be no good for monitors, mabye netted dragons or other small dragon

This is the basic setup i'm looking at, i'm 150% keen to put a few ackies in there..

something that won't crap all day would be good to,

Attachments

• coffee table.jpg
    coffee table.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 76
Won't the constant clacking of people putting things on the top stress them?

yeh get some small geckos lol, they boring but least easy to maintain or like 2 beardies

gecko's are out of the question, my parents don't want them, after something larger.
coffee table won't be used for anything other than housing the lizards, nothing put ontop of it. so no noise.

basking light lense can be upto 400mm from the hotspot if needed. ventilation is already organised,

just go with the ackies man, u know u want to!

if your not using it much then whats the problem with ackies... and atleast it will keep your coffee warm?

do you know if having the light on that angle will be ok?
is it ok if the cool end of the enclosure gets to 33* during the day?

this is what i built in year 10 for my dnt assignment. Is this someting like you are getting built? I am getting rid of the fish and putting a pair of lizards in.

Attachments

• 100_5186.jpg
    100_5186.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 79
i'm making one at school about the same size i think . i'm putting a childrens python i mine i think it would look heaps better . but i;m with Spinipes go central netteds with a desert setup

nice enclosure, yea, mine is very similar, gap between the top of the enclosure and the glass top is very close to prevent escapes..

that looks great bjbk18, was it hard to make? expensive?

very easy to make just timber around tank worked at bunnings so got stuff cheap and got the glass cheap to. prob $300 or so.

Glass is always going to be the most expensive bit.. the sides are no prob, 4mm for mine, but the top should be 6mm saftey glass. which can be expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back