Help needed with fussy Olive

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

llasher

Reaction score
Since I got my F Olive yearling at the beginning of this year she has had about 3 feeds of mouse rolled in bird feathers following a one month hunger strike after purchase. The last 6 weeks she must have realised she was being tricked and refused even this. Today I have given her gourmet quail from the chicken shop which she loved (just yesterday she refused a mouse and a rat).

Should I just feed her quail bits now and try rodents later?
Are they safe and nourishing?
Should I try baby chicks, and does anyone know where to get these (deaded) in Melbourne?

Thanks

Olives do seem to love birds, try her with a dead day old chicken and then a small rat immediately after. Olives seem to have a very strong feeding response so she should eat the rat with no problems.

Thanks. I have no idea where to get finches, and I have heard of Olives eating them readily. Totally Reptiles are low in stock but I will get out there. Rosanna isn't far from where I live.

My male Olive is the best eater of all my snakes, she (at least up to now) has been the worst.

llasher keep trying her on quails and as boa said give her a rat straight after the bird do this for a while she may just switch to rats but you can also try live fuzzie rats scented with quail thats may work

Thanks, I would like to get her eating rodents because they are cheap and easy to find. I will get a few day olds and try scenting the rat with one or with quail, and feeding it to her straight after the bird. I am so pleased she is eating something as I thought she would starve to death or a least be a "bad doer" for ever as she is still so small compared to the M I got at the same shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back