"Different Looking Jungle"

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Southside Morelia

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Had the day off work today, finished doing the domestics as well as cleaning out the herp enclosures and this little girl shed last night.
Some may remember a thread started by Mark Sim called "hypo jungles" or something similar, where Mark was showing some different looking jungles from a clutch he produced this year.
Zac also posted some pics as he too had a couple of different looking jungles this year. Well I happen to have one of Zacs and thought you might be interested to see how she's progressing.
Still unsure how she will turn out, whether she will go black as normal,or whether she will still continue down this path, with the reduced black or brown as it actually is...
I guess it's interesting to see the progression as these guys are relatively new, or atleast that's what we think.
Pics are of 1st, 2nd and 3rd shed.
Let me know your thoughts, i'm keen to hear the views from some of the experienced people here.
Cheers...

Attachments

• Hypo female 2.JPG
    Hypo female 2.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 202
  • hypo girl 28.2.08 post 2nd shed email.jpg
    hypo girl 28.2.08 post 2nd shed email.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 151
  • without flash post 3rd shed 14.4.08.jpg
    without flash post 3rd shed 14.4.08.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 259
Absolutely stunning! I have a similar looking female, I just love the colouration and pattern.

She's about two and a half now. She's a Tully locale bred by Roger Lester.
lily4.jpg

lily3.jpg

lily2.jpg

She's a cracker Saz, soo clean!!
Rogers animals are amazing, I got 2 from him this year and the male from the pair is colouring up beautifully.
She's so different isn't she....love it!!!
I think this one will have the same base colour, not white but the slightest tinge of yellow, love the 2 tone pattern colour!!!
Very cool!

Athertons look too much like coastals for me to appreciate them.

Oh Saz, do you have a fella lined up that is different to the norm as well?

Athertons look too much like coastals for me to appreciate them.
Mate, that's waving the red flag at the Bull...lol
As Saz said, their not Athertons!
This particular line is not locality bred, it was bred for colour and pattern, but there is definately NO Atherton blood in them...
If Zac sees this, i'm sure he'll put his 2 cents worth...lol
Each to his own, I guess.;)

Really nice looking animals!

A friend of mine has had some aberrant looking animals from his the last couple of breeding's. The first strangelings were produced in 06 and there were two really red ones and one sort of red baby. This past year he repeated the breeding and got these guys in Aug.

The first two pics don't show their color well they are actually a deeper red than the one in the third photo.
NL4108.jpg

NL4108-2.jpg

attachment.php

This clutch had I believe 8 more or less like these and only a few normal looking Jungle babies. I picked up 1.2 of them and a friend picked up a female.The original animals came from the Barkers ... Might be something wild looking when they grow up might not but I thought what the heck I'll post some pics of them since they were similar to the kids posted above.. Randy

Yeh, pretty stoked, keen to have a crystal ball to see how she will go though!

Yeh, Randy, I guess it's the luck of the draw huh..
I'll have to go post an update on your site, or maybe do me a favour mate and give the US guys an update on this girl for me..LOL Oh my username is different on Moreliapythons.

I almost thought they were Cape Yorks.

Stunning snakes either way, let me know if you ever breed them ;)

When are you going to send me that email with pics Jas?
That has to be the longest shed cycle in history...lol

Those animals from Zac Come from Roger in the 1st place!!
Just look at Rogers customers page, it says photos courtesey of Brett Zaccar.
Zac will tell you different, but take a look yourself!

I almost thought they were Cape Yorks.

Stunning snakes either way, let me know if you ever breed them ;)

My girl will be bred next season, hopefully I find a suitable male for her by then! She is similar indeed to some Cape Yorks I've seen, but has the added benefit of being only 1300-1400mm at two and a half years old!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back