Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, I do like some of the advice u'r getting...... One thing for sure, sooner then later u will find u'r snake..... They usually don't go too far and u will find them in the most unexpected of places... Best of luck and hope u find u'r snake soon..... cheers.......

yeah came home from work today none of the flower has been touched in 24 hours the box i set up with the rat inside still has the rat inside so no go there, did another search this time checking all curtains and no go.

thanks for all your help i hope he turns up hes due for his feed so hopefully he comes back.
i fell emty and sick inside.

The flower thing does work as well. I used flower one time when my baby carpet escaped. He ended up being in my dirty cloths basket.

Mum wasn't too impresed when she poured the laundry into the washing machine. But don't worry he is 3yrs old and in good health!!!

Just keep your eyes peeled!!!

*smashes head against wall*

You mean flour right?

I found a snake in my room 2-3 weeks later by seeing a faint glint near my printer one night whilst in bed. Don't give up hope.

no not big enough to eat the cat yet

and crush i hope u find your dimond i never thort i would loose 1

I really feel for you. It's a worry of mine that my coastal will get ot but her glass sliding doors are too heavy for her to move, I have trouble with them. I have 6 cats and I'd hate them to kill her. They watch her and sniff her when I hold her and vice versa. She isn't scared of them but they are wary of her.

Lock the cat up in one room after you give it an extreme seach. She will survive.

yeah i only let the cat out supervised i sort of hope she sniffs him out then i can push her away and get him . but when were out she goes in the cattery

just an update me mate bundy has not turned up i did another top to bottow search yesterday and again nothing. i have turned on his old encloser and left the door open, hoping he will come back to it.
i also read on yahoo that a lady uses potting mix to catch her escapes!! she puts it in bags or boxes
around the house and there drawn to it so im trying that (cant hurt).

also i read there atracted to milk is that true ??

my male coastal went walk about for about a month and a half

once i had lost all hope he popped up hanging from the top of the curtains lol this was about 5 months ago and just last night i found one of his poo's behind my TV. So my advice specially with winter setting in think of anywhere in you house that has heat i.e. TV, fridge

he will find a heat source somewhere when ever mine used to get out ( he is called houdini) i would find him at the back of the enclosures wrapped around the power cords

good luck hope ya find him

cheerz

yeah iv been looking under the fridge every day but havent been looking behind the tv thanks for that ill do that.

Yep, common sight to see a snake hanging off a cows udder ;)

lol yeah i know it sounds odd but i did ask my mum about it and she said when she was breeding dobermans on the farm the bitch (mother dog) would often get bitten while lactating
so i think thats were it comes from

dont worry, i lost my first python as well..second day i had him as well....

but..dont stress, at night is when you will be most likely to find him, because he'll be ont he move, if u scan around his enclosure at night u may find him, if that faisl u cans et up a few luring techniques involving rats...be inventive!!

ALSO: i remmeber being told when m guy escaped to look at all the skirting boards, and all corners of ur walls, and pretty much all tight high spaces...oh, and in the room he escaped in (if possible) turn of all main heat sources except the one in ur tank, and he may be unger the fridge keeping warm, or anything else thats constantly ona nd generating heat..

i hope this helps!!

i know how stressful it is

Last edited:
How long has he been missing?
at my old school we had a childrens python and it escaped over 2 days and we never saw it again:cry:

yeah he got out thursday night after i move him and lola to a newer bigger encloser. so its been just short of a week.

i have had a look around every night since but there has been no movement at all. and i think because its so cold he may have decided to hibernate

Try and put everything you have up to it's full temp like a fridge make it really cold so the outside is really hot.
just look everywhere.
oh and he may be behind your washing machine if you have 1

he could be any where believe me they can get into places you think they couldnt under stoves are a common call out check your grill as well .......under tv units ......in wardrobes.....washing machine .if hot water system is inside that could be a hidey hole to he is small so best if you look for scats around home .....check under your nose too even if youve checked a spot already keep doing it ..............hope u find him and he hasnt gone outside......as much as some peeps say capts wont survive in wild its a myth they can and do and vice versa ......cat attacks can be really nasty and often fatal so hope lil bundy dont meet your cat RBB

thanks RBB i just pulled apart the washer and dryer but no luck. i dont know how to do the stove though because its all gas and i dont want to mess with that . i will keep trying though
thanks for you help. hopefully this thred will pop up again one day with a very happy me tellig you all i found him but till then thanks for you help . i wish this never happend :(

Try putting masking tape in balls against the wall, because snakes usually get somewhere along walls, but only use masking tape.

gas stoves can be pulled out a bit you will need a mate to help you ..take the kick plate off the front and look on the floor 1st (behind the kickplate)then work yourway up towards the grill if you cant see anything then tilt the stove towards you look behind it. you have a hard plate you can unscrew it take it off and see if bundy is there i have gotten a few gts and pythons out of stoves and even a eastern brown.....make sure before you do anything turn off electricity if it has a auto pilot starter and turn gas off........use your torch to see .......when it comes to the stoves just make sure you keep all the screws together and make account of where they came from ............its not hard its just awkard to get in there but if you got a mate helping you its easier.....RBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back