rain water?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

weezie_martini

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i have a bearded dragon and i put the neutraliser stuff in water to use for her but i was wondering if it would be safe to use tank water as that would be what they get in the wild?

I dont know about plastic, try puting a cup out to get water the next tim eis rains then put it in the water dish.

I heard that was only in Melbourne (the lead problem). We have the choice of town or tank water and we have switched over to tank water for everything and I use that for my snakes. Our tanks are plastic also. I would think if it was a widespread problem there would have been more said about it.

yeah im thinking that if its safe for us then it should be safe for reptiles...its a huge prob if ppl cant even drink from their own tank...

I always thought the lead in water tanks was only a problem when we used to have lead in fuels and it was more abundant in the atmoshpere?

The reports of lead in rainwater takes comes from some people wanting to BAN rainwater tanks in the city – something about competing with the water authorities for supplying water. I would expect the study was commissioned (Paid for) by a bottled water company.

The article sited the reason for the lead was lead as part of roof construction. Ie roof capping. If you have a modern house (no lead on the roof) you can use the water for your reptiles.

I personally use mineral spring water to increase their calcium. I have noticed a mark difference in my pets after starting them on mineral water.

On the lead in water tanks – it was also sited lead content was “50 times Australia's drinking water guidelines” – Australia does not have any guidelines – it is a local water authority guideline and changes between water authorities.

Here is the article for those of you who want to read it.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23534534-2,00.html?from=public_rss

I personally use mineral spring water to increase their calcium. I have noticed a mark difference in my pets after starting them on mineral water.

Hmmm someones a little bit special and im not referring to the reptiles :rolleyes:

i have a bearded dragon and i put the neutraliser stuff in water to use for her but i was wondering if it would be safe to use tank water as that would be what they get in the wild?

Go for it would be the best water the little feller has ever had i have been on tank water my hole life and its so nice to drink compared to the disgusting taste of tow water

Lewy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back