Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant seem to get my google map to work how far is gladstone from brissy. you cant forget about the fanatics though :p we want to come to :)
its 6 hours drive north of brissy,550km.on the original thread i posted up motels phone numbers within walking distance to the expo as well. as i said the friday is a public holiday,so its a good day for a drive and make a weekend out of it.bring some animals up if you wish.
cheers
simon

i'll have to see what i can do unfortunately i work public holidays anyway, but i might have some holiday time stored up, i hope i do.

only a month to go. if anyone else wishes to set up a stall you heve about 2 weeks to get the info to me.anyone travelling to the expo certainly wont be disapointed with the quality of animals on display,and thanks to all the vendors for supporting it.
cheers
simon

All the best with the Expo but I think I am correct in saying that Brisbane may have been a more suitable venue.

may be someone should have organised one in brisbane. i will be one of many going to gladstone.
cheers:)

for the local Gladstone people,one of our local radio stations,hot fm ,will be doing a "face your fears "stunt at 7:30 am on thursday the 3rd of april.we will have a few pythons down there and a couple of blueys(apparently some people are scared of blueys),so your welcome to come down to check it out ,or listen on the radio.

Hey, congrats with how it is coming together Gladstonites.
I was up there over Easter and quite a few locals had heard about it.
Cheers
Adam.

Hey, congrats with how it is coming together Gladstonites.
I was up there over Easter and quite a few locals had heard about it.
Cheers
Adam.

yep,the words out there now and the serious advertising will be starting soon.we handed out around 1000 flyers at the harbour festival and the coconet classic at tannum sands.

Slimebo i got one of those flyers on my windscreen the night i went to the Harbour fest well done.Is there many people bringing Reptiles from FNQ

Good luck in Gladstone... All being well I'll see you there but my jungle and 2x henrylawsoni's don't deserve such a long trip from brisvegas. I turn 40yo that weekend and I couldn't hink of a better way to spend it than with other herp lovers (except maybe a week in Thailand).
I just discovered this site today and looking forward to getting to know you

all the exhibitors have been finalized and we will have around 130 reptiles and great range on display from the common to rare, and the quality of the reptiles is first class for the first queensland reptile expo.a big thank you to all the people supporting it.

a big thanks to Simon and Diane Stone from Southern Cross Reptiles for flying up and donating their time to talk to people one on one at the expo about anything and everything,from the albinos to husbandry and breeding.

thanks to Kooranna Crocodile Farm who will be bringing a couple crocs down for people to hold.

thanks also to Kris who will have his elapids on display and will be doing demonstrations all day.

alot of the stall holders are also breeders ,so if your coming along to check it out and you like what they have on display,have a chat to them and grab one of their buisness cards and come breeding time you can own your own,or they may have some in stock.keep in mind ,no purchases can be made at the expo.support those who support the expo and public awareness of reptiles.

setup time is between 7am-9am,then it is open to the public from 9am-5pm.we have had heaps of exposure from the radio and papers and there has been alot of talk about it on the streets so it should be a great day with plenty of photo and handling opportunities.

most of the general public who will be attending the expo will have very limited knowedge of snakes ,and no doubt we will hear "the only good snake is a dead snake"more than once on the day, so its our job to change their mind and make them aware that they shouldn't be killed .more awareness = less snake deaths

for any further info ,send me a email,pm,or phone me on 0422589221
cheers
simon

Will there be a timetable of whats happening during the day, dont want to miss out on any demonstrations or talks etc :)

Will there be a timetable of whats happening during the day, dont want to miss out on any demonstrations or talks etc :)

there will be a timetable up at the venue but basicly,Kris will be doing demonstrations all day with breaks in between and we will have a feeding of one of my pythons at 3:30 pm for the people who are interested..every one who comes through will get a stamp so they can come and go as they please.

we will be giving out certificates for "best in show"to any of the subspecies that have 4 or more entered ,which will help out in selling juvi's come breeding time.these will be voted on by the other exhibitors as well as an"exhibitors choice" award.there will also be a "peoples choice" award that the public can vote on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back