Underage Drinking.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For or against?

• For

Votes: 50 32.3%
  • Against

Votes: 105 67.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if its as clear cut as 'for' and 'against'.

I for one was allowed a glass of wine etc from a very young age (meaning early teens) and it hasn't made me into a alcho. I had the occasional excessive drinking session whilst at parties in my late teens, but I rarely drink at all now as an adult.

AGAINST - The body isn't built to cope with alcohol, at ANY age, believe me, i KNOW!!!!!!!!! BETTER TO wait TILL YOU'RE AT LEAST 18, you're only a 'kid' for a short while, you're an adult forever, depending on how long that is - enjoy your life while you can!!!!!!!
Oh, and Cris, youre an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im 13, and I may have a Beer or Rum ones in a while but thats like every 2 months.

says on your profile your 12 :lol::p

In My Opinion...

Alot of people are out there just to get drunk. not to drink and have a good time and socialize with mates and others.. If your going to drink.. drink RESPONSIBLY and KNOW when your hitting your limits. If you get *******ed one night and cant remember it you'll know next time not to do that again HOPEFULLY you LEARN by your MISTAKES!.

Underage Drinks - You cant stop them.. Rising alcohol prices wont do very much but profit the alcohol companies. These underage drinkers will find the money for one of there older mates to go buy it for them.

but hey thats my opinion :)

Last edited:
i dont but some of my mates do.. i sometimes get a drink when im with my parents but thats once a year about (on dads bday).. but im against it!

says on your profile your 12 :lol::p

In My Opinion...

Alot of people are out there just to get drunk. not to drink and have a good time and socialize with mates and others.. If your going to drink.. drink RESPONSIBLY and KNOW when your hitting your limits. If you get *******ed one night and cant remember it you'll know next time not to do that again HOPEFULLY you LEARN by your MISTAKES!.

Underage Drinks - You cant stop them.. Rising alcohol prices wont do very much but profit the alcohol companies. These underage drinkers will find the money for one of there older mates to go buy it for them.

but hey thats my opinion :)

yep well said there, im 16 and i drink responsibly

i reckon people under-age drink cause they want to be "cool".. its the same problem with smoking and drugs.. i had a footy carnvial on one of the school days and at school and some mates got caught with some alcohol in their school bag... they got expeled and then guess what.. it happened again 3 days later! its stupid IMO..

i am 13 and i will never drink even if some 1 gives me money i will never drinks i saw how it tore apart py family i will never drink

why waste money on grog, spend it on reps, go good in school and u will be able to get lots and lots of reps when u get a job

if their were a good biological reason against drinking at different ages, then why isn't this standardized globally?
if alcohol weren't such a social taboo here, would it be so alluring?
if Dragonkeeper has been suspended, does that mean we get to run amock in his threads?

What i think is really Idiotic is that under aged drinkers thinking its cool to drink more than enough of achohol putting their and their friends lives at risk :shock: It scares me when you flick on the TV and they are always talking about under aged drinking and drink driving putting everyone around them at risk

while I wouldn't advocate anyone handing a bottle of whiskey to the average fifteen year old, I am disinclined to believe age carries any guarantees of responsibility and maturity, particularly when it comes to alcohol. I know people in their thirties who oughtn't be allowed a drop.

Leigh: on age, I think you're ignoring that many governments don't actually give a damn about the physical health of their population beyond costs in public health-care and votes. If we're going to start banning things for the good of people that want to have them, smoking should be illegal for people over the age of sixty, due to the very, very significantly increased of cancers, heart disease and strokes. Does it happen? Certainly not, in part because it's a huge vote-loser and also because I would imagine money made in tax from alcohol and cigarette sales overall far exceeds money spent on treating the associated health problems in the aging. Alcohol does indeed have more of an affect on developing brain, but even if you could take a good stab at exactly what age that ceases to become more of an issue for children than for adults (and I'm not actually familiar enough with the research to say you can't), I don't think the legislation would change anywhere. What blows my mind is that the US gives you five years behind the wheel of a car before you're allowed into a bar - I'd reverse that quick smart.

Culturally I think you're exactly right - I've *never* seen a German or Italian as ****ed up drunk as the average pommie or Aussie on a night out.

Last edited:
Me and my friends regularily underage drink, most weekends. We've never recieved so much as a complaint from neighbours about noise. It's the douche' bags who can't handle their alcohol and act like childlish d cks and the ****s who think drinking heaps is cool that cause the problems.

Edit: You've got to be kidding me, you can't even say w ank on here anymore?

Last edited:
Part of the problem is the WAY we drink in Aus.
Lots of young people in Europe grow up having a glass of wine with a meal etc & it's not such
a big deal .
Here it tends to be nothing at all , then at 16 or whatever , all hell breaks loose.

While it's been brought up, as for banning of cigarettes, where the hell do people get off telling people what they can do to their own bodies, if people want to risk cancer its their own damn choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back