Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheyne_Jones

Reaction score
Not having a go at anyone in particular, but the noob factor is driving me crazy...

Seems the people with all the knowledge have gone and taken their knowledge with them...

Seems a post count means more than actual experience these days, sometimes at the expence of common sense...

No one knows how to use the seach function, guess its easier to ask stupid questions and bump them 30 times in an hour:rolleyes:

Well thats my rant..

So was there a particular peice of knowledge that you're wanting to obtain ?

Yep, i've been sitting here for the last 20 minutes thinking the same thing. I can't learn a damn thing from this site anymore as all the experienced ones are either gone, or rarely come here. Now we're left with 12-14 year olds trying to sound like experts by calling their 1 pet snake by it's scientific name.

God, i'm depressed!

Yep, i've been sitting here for the last 20 minutes thinking the same thing. I can't learn a damn thing from this site anymore as all the experienced ones are gone. Now we're left with 12-14 year olds trying to sound like experts by calling their 1 pet snake by it's scientific name.

God, i'm depressed!

I know where your coming from:(

Glad its not only me.
We hardly ever see posts from the real knowledgeable folk anymore, i just think it such a shame.

Seeing the same posts everyday like:
Should i cross breed this to that.
How big will my new snake grow.

Its driving me crazy.

Yep, i've been sitting here for the last 20 minutes thinking the same thing. I can't learn a damn thing from this site anymore as all the experienced ones are either gone, or rarely come here. Now we're left with 12-14 year olds trying to sound like experts by calling their 1 pet snake by it's scientific name.

God, i'm depressed!

Which means that you've been keeping herps for longer than they've been born and are in
a position to help if you feel like it.
I mean , what did you really think you'd learn on here today s.t ?

Breeding seasons comming up, I often find a lot of experienced keepers get online to talk about various subjects around then, the veterans corner will also be a place of interest when it gets going.

I have only been here a short while but in that time I have noticed a significant drop in post quality.

I have tried searching the forum for information and a lot of the time the first page of results is just junk.

I think we need a grumpy old man section where all you dinosaurs can rant to your hearts content. leave the little kids alone, you have to start somewhere and the search function is not very good and you can't always find what your looking for.

And they wont take adivse from those that have experience because its usally an answer that they dont like

Can someone help me with my spotted. I just got it 2 days ago and it hasnt eaten yet. I am really worried that its sick coz it keeps trying to bite me when I handle it.

Glad its not only me.
We hardly ever see posts from the real knowledgeable folk anymore, i just think it such a shame.

Seeing the same posts everyday like:
Should i cross breed this to that.
How big will my new snake grow.

Its driving me crazy.

Maybe because if they reply to anyones posts to help them or have a opinion they get set abound by the sandpit Mafia.

Can someone help me with my spotted. I just got it 2 days ago and it hasnt eaten yet. I am really worried that its sick coz it keeps trying to bite me when I handle it.

I reckon you should PM cheyne_jones for an expert answer to that question. :)

God, i'm depressed!
i sorta agree about some of the 'experienced ones' have left or whatever you wanna call it, but dont give me this 'now we are stuck with 12- 14 yr olds thinking they are so experienced' stuff.
1 ofcourse we dont think we are experts, and 2 yeah we do give advice sometimes (or what we know) based on what we have kept; selflessly trying to help people out. and yes, sometimes it might be wrong, but hey, its no different to what some other people are doing here. dont just blame it on us!

heres a suggestion, get a book!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back