Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Repetitive "n00b" questions are a universal problem, not restricted to APS, and everyone gets sick of answering the same question over and over again. Could this be addressed with a sticky FAQ? BTW, no-one is holding a gun to your head making you read the threads ;)

As an aside, I wonder what some of the old timers' first questions where ;)

There is a Wiki already.

We have had more complaints about you than any other member. Yet you are still here. And you think you have been treated harshly?

Hahahahaha, thats bloody hilarious. Greebo - Mod of the month!

Hey MoreliaMatt - Whats wrong with Picture Collectors!

I try and put pics up on here of animals people dont often get to see, things some people have never seen, and some of just outstanding specimens of species, what's wrong with that?

As for the 'noobs' its been the same for the time I have been here, I got bagged for giving out advice when I was a 'noob' as well, so keep ya chin up kids, APS is known for the noobs, to everyone else, there are other forums available..

Could i just say that we live in a world that isnt secure and that people are willing to defy morals that they dont have in order to gain something in some way. This creates a need for some people to ask question that can be viewed as insultive or rude by others.
Although im not too informed on this recent event with a senior member, I think the above is something to consider when someone you are participating in a conversation with ask what seems to you a rude question.
But hey, isnt this the point of the site- so uninformed human beings can ask question in the hope that they might join in our wonderful recreation.

Crush

QUOTEAs for the 'noobs' its been the same for the time I have been here, I got bagged for giving out advice when I was a 'noob' as well, so keep ya chin up kids, APS is known for the noobs, to everyone else, there are other forums available...QUOTE
Well said!

We have had more complaints about you than any other member. Yet you are still here. And you think you have been treated harshly?

It's nice to see you still love me Greebo:(
I do my best but I'm not perfect - and that's life when things don't go to plan - what can I do? If you have a idea on how I can get everything to run smoothly - PM me please I'd love to hear what you have in mind.

I try and make enclosures at a good price so everyone can afford a nice enclosure - I don't make alot from this so why do I keep doing it and freight companys etc or some times I don't get it right.

So this makes me a bad guy then Greebo in your eyes.

Yes that's true, i have been keeping for many years, and if you go through all my posts since i joined in 2004 you'll find i've given out loads of good info to other herpers, but after a while you tend to get tired of answering the same questions again and again.

The last thread that interested me was hazzards Lace Monitor study thread. But before this i can't remember the last time a thread interested me, and everyday (today included) i get on here hoping for similar threads as hazzards.....threads that actually teach about the animals behaviour.

Thanks serpenttongue, I did have plans to do regular updates of of this and other research projects we are conducting at the University of Western Sydney.

Unfortunately this only highlights the need for a seperate section for these type of threads, like herping/research section. As this is not in favour i feel that these threads are wasted being lost into oblivion within a day.

I have no problem in helping noobs, just ask Nikki of that (although your not a noob anymore) as long as they are sensible, take the time to listen and do their research. People like Nikki are what this hobby is all about even if some do find her posts annoying. I look foward to every update Nikki, keep them coming along with the questions. If they put the effort in I put a lot of effort in, it works both ways.

Cheers

Spot on Danny, I almost gave up posting totally because of all the hassles. Occassionally a thread comes up that interests me but rarely it seems. I'm no expert but I try and help when I can.

Precisely, and when we stand our ground we get infractions. Its just not worth answering any more. Its not worth the hassle.

Greebo.... I am sorry if you take offense to this, as that is not my intention... but you have proven my point. You are a moderator of this site, and as such you are bound by a higher set of ethics than the general members. In my opinion, your comment to Auzilizard should have been kept to a PM not a comment in open forum. In this respect, you have insighted an arguement in open forum due to a personal attack.

It's nice to see you still love me Greebo:(
I do my best but I'm not perfect - and that's life when things don't go to plan - what can I do? If you have a idea on how I can get everything to run smoothly - PM me please I'd love to hear what you have in mind.

I try and make enclosures at a good price so everyone can afford a nice enclosure - I don't make alot from this so why do I keep doing it and freight companys etc or some times I don't get it right.

So this makes me a bad guy then Greebo in your eyes.
Auzlizard you make great enclosures from what i have seen at a good price but sometimes you come across as arrogant and it seems sometimes you only post to line your pocket so to speak. I dont wanna sound like i am having a go but i can back up my statement as when i first joined i posted a thread about what i was getting only to be told by you that the enclosure was crap and overpriced and i should buy yours :shock:!!!! I liked what i was getting and the price to me was reasonable and included the snake which i explained and a few other things which i dont feel i need to mention. Anyway thats just how you came across to me and first impressions last.

It seems i am not the only one who has these thoughts. :|

Last edited:
But hey, isnt this the point of the site- so uninformed human beings can ask question in the hope that they might join in our wonderful recreation.

Crush
As poetic as this may sound and I do agree, The crux of the matter is people are lazy and just asking the question without looking first, is too easy! People do a search first!!!!
Maybe a section for experienced herpers maybe an answer...or as someone else suggested, an oldies forum. Not necessarily oldies, but more exoperienced herpers, who being older can afford a small donation of 20 bucks a year or so to give them access to said Forum. There are a few unbeleivably experienced breeeders who DO NOT contribute to this Forum because of the ridicule from less experienced people, who I talk with and tell me this, so it's definately something that need s addressing, if only for the benefit of the hobby and this site.
It's a tough one Mods, I don't envy you!
!

Would you like new ones to just do things and get it wronge?, im still new at all this and it has bee due to a few OLDER ones that i have learnt things! I cant believe anyone would be stupid enough to diss the up and comming herpers! way to crush them in to a new interest. Why not try to enrourage them, and yes i admit sometimes a google before a question would be easier for them but hey every one askes at least 1 stupid question in their lives. Good on all the ones who will help!!!!

Hey MoreliaMatt - Whats wrong with Picture Collectors!

I try and put pics up on here of animals people dont often get to see, things some people have never seen, and some of just outstanding specimens of species, what's wrong with that?

absolutely nothing, and as you know i try to put up lots of my pictures for people too!
im just getting at the "post pics of this" threads....
i can count atleast 3 in the last week for stimmis alone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back