Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinaPeas

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I had a woman at work the other day say to me "you keep snakes right?" to which I answered yes, so she proceeded to tell me her friends snake had been lying in it's cage stretched out for a couple of days, so she took it to vet, who told her it was measuring her up to eat her!

Now I have heard this rumour before, so I just rolled my eyes and tried to patiently tell her that was a load of crap, that snakes in the wild don't have time to 'measure' anything up, and that any native Australian snake would have a hard time swallowing a person.

How many other people have heard this?? have you heard anything similar?

I've heard this one also.

Except the story i heard was that the snake kept escaping, and one night the lady woke up to find the snake in bed with her just staring at her.

been there.

heard the same story from a friend but this was set in a friends of a friend bed room and the snake was allowed to roam around at nite.. any how the snake would refuse food and was stretching out as they slept every nite next to them..
so after not eating for ages and stretching out at nite they saw a vet who said it was measuring them up for dinner and wasn't eating to make room for the sleeping owners! lolS

:| I haven't heard that one before :?...it's sad how many stupid misconceptions and myths there are regarding snakes..

Every time I tell someone I'm getting my first python soon I get something along the lines off

'make sure you dont let it sleep on your bed with you....I heard this story from my friend who has a python...it was sizing her up to eat her!'

Never herd it but wouldn't belive it anyway.
I'd notice it trying to strangle me before it had a chance to rap around 1 time!
to heavy to sleep through if you ask me!
If someone says that to me i'll say its a load of crap!

yeah hamish and andy covered this one pretty well

went on a phone search for the person that it actually happened to..........always seemed so close but never got to the actual person.

pretty good spread of a good story though......the person that started it must be pretty stoked

yeah iv already lost count of how many people have told me variations of this one...:rolleyes:*slap*

I heard that at work last week, I couldn't stop laughing and the chick who told the story was like "WHAT? IT'S TRUE" and I said "Haha!!!!!!! No it's not" and then told her about how it's the exact same story and someone always changes a few lines to make it different lol.

I just can't believe that non-herp owners think we let our snakes roam around the house all the time! I swear I'm going to hit the next person that tells me some crappy story :p

LOL thats the dumbest storey,you would have to be brain dead to believe it

what I don't get is, if I tell someone that I have pythons they always ask me (everytime) if I just let them roam around the house lol.

what I don't get is, if I tell someone that I have pythons they always ask me (everytime) if I just let them roam around the house lol.
haha I get..."is is poisoness" here i am with it my hand to start with...I reply "dunno, never eaten one yet";)

What are some of the other myths?
Snakes drinking milk from cows, biting their udders..
Biting onto their own tail and rolling down a hill....
Needless to say how many people believe a snake chased them down and tried to kill them...Until they did a superman stunt and cut its head off....

haha I get..."is is poisoness" here i am with it my hand to start with...I reply "dunno, never eaten one yet";)

hahahahah - Can I use that one Please?? I get that all the time.

And about the myth, it's true, a friend told me their friends girlfriends father's told them that it happend to a 2nd cousin of his.......:rolleyes: It was a week after they found a homeless dog on the Goldcoast that ended up being a giant Peruvian Swamp Rat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back