Man(AKA Poobum) shoots women whilst hunting a snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthling

Very Well-Known Member
Banned
Reaction score
Out the Back of Queensland and a bit more
Man shoots woman while hunting snake

Posted 1 hour 4 minutes ago

A woman is dead after she was shot on her Kingsthorpe property west of Toowoomba last night.
Police believe the 33-year-old woman and a 37-year-old man were trying to flush out a snake from a shed when the man accidentally discharged his firearm and shot the woman.
Investigations are continuing and police will prepare a report for the coroner.

I should have tried that on my first wife ... Did I really say that?? No, must have been thinking aloud :)

I can't for the life of me figure out how you would fatally shoot your wife whilst trying to shoot a snake. Was the woman lying on the ground or was the snake performing a round house to the side of the woman's head at the time.

Sounds VERY suspicous to me, but I'm only a fly on the wall.

Man shoots woman while hunting snake

Posted 1 hour 4 minutes ago

A woman is dead after she was shot on her Kingsthorpe property west of Toowoomba last night.
Police believe the 33-year-old woman and a 37-year-old man were trying to flush out a snake from a shed when the man accidentally discharged his firearm and shot the woman.
Investigations are continuing and police will prepare a report for the coroner.

It'll be a shotgun.
He's pulled the trigger without meaning too (or the trigger is faulty), while his wife is in front of him.
That's my bet anyway.

yeah its a bit sad and yet another lesson hard learnt on why not to kill snakes

from what i heard on the news the snake slithered over his feet and he accidentally shot her in the back :?

yeah its a bit sad and yet another lesson hard learnt on why not to kill snakes

from what i heard on the news the snake slithered over his feet and he accidentally shot her in the back :?

Just as bigger point is responsible use of firearms, i guess it depends on the situation but there is no reason why anyone can be shot 'accidently' if you follow the very simple rules of firearms saftey.

I wonder if husbands around the country will start shooting their wives and claim they thought they'd seen a big bad snake?

Ha ha, just improving our gene pool. I guess it was at night and could have probably waited until morning.

It's very sad... If you ask me it doesn't take two people to flush out a snake from a shed, and if you do have two people there's definitely no need for a gun!...

EDIT: It may well be an accident

yeah it just goes to show that some people are not meant to have guns because if the gun wasn't involved non of that would of happened and the snake may have been on its way i wonder if the snake was killed or not it would be sad if it did

Family member Mervyn Sleba told The Courier-Mail yesterday that relatives were trying to comfort Mr Sleba and the couple's four young children.

"It's a tough time for the family – we've never been in this situation before," he said.

"At the moment everyone's just a bit shell-shocked."

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,23597208-952,00.html

OMG - I can not believe someone would say that... this has to be a joke... HAS TO BE!!!

he could have droped it and it bounced up and went off and shot her in the face/chest

How sad is that ..........that bugger has now got to live with that for the rest of his days .......dead wife because of a weeny reptile in a shed not like it was in their bathroom or bedroom redneck with guns its the gun laws that need to be reviewed and the ability of the users it could of well been one of his kids that he shot ..........am curious to know what type of snake it was to.....

i think that the laws should be changed in shooting at animals!
this is what i think the law should be

you cannot shoot anything living unless it is your own livestock
or it is a feral animal E.G. fox threaterning your sheep or something like that!

humans are not classed as "Livestock"

Here he is smiling....

Can't believe you thought he was a red neck RBB :p

I still can't believe someone eluded that the family hadn't been in this situation before and they were 'shell shocked'....

0,,6005753,00.jpg

This is not the first “I was trying to shoot a snake, but got my wife” story. I the 80s a farmer was equated of shooting his wife with the excuse “I was trying to shoot a snake”. Apparently the “snake” went up the inside of a down pipe – he took aim and err missed the said snake and got his wife.

slimey i think anyone that takes a gun to disperse of a snake is a bit of a redneck i dont care if he is smiling in his pic or that he has all his teeth the fact is education ,and a gun is not the way, and now this poor sod has the biggest punishment of all explaining to his babies how he shot their mother over a snake ..thats the redneck attitude it was at 10 pm at night the bloody thing most likely would have been on its way by morning and he wouldnt have known it was there if i pulled out a gun everytime i seen a spider cause you know how scared i am of them my house would look like swiss cheese.........

The case in the 80s I was referring to – was the wife shooting the husband – not the husband shooting the wife.

i think that the laws should be changed in shooting at animals!
this is what i think the law should be

you cannot shoot anything living unless it is your own livestock
or it is a feral animal E.G. fox threaterning your sheep or something like that!

humans are not classed as "Livestock"

mate in a nutshell that is the law. It is illegal to kill any native animal unless under a permit and if convicted there are huge fines and even gaol time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back