Building a beardie cover

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobi84

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all, i've got my 4 month old beardie in a 2 ft tank, which hasn't got a cover/top. I'm sure that one of these days he'll hop off from his branch and escape, so i've removed this for now, but i was wondering what sort of materials would i need to make a top for his tank so he wont get out.

Cheers ;)

G-day i built one for our 5ft glass tank. It cost me about $40. What i did was copy a pine fishtank lid except i put lots off vents in it so the air can escape easily otherwise u will find that the lidd will bow up. Have a look fish tank shop and get some ideas i think u will find that it will help u find what u r looking for.

i have a 2foot tank as well, i jus made a top out of MDF , i siliconed some aluminium angle on the outside of each corner of the tank so that it sticks up about 10mm above the tank. The MDF jus drops inside the angle and sits on the top of the tank. Just put a handle on the MDF and a few air vents and all done. Its very simple and very cheap.

Hey falconboy, they're fastened onto the edges of the tank with clamps.

i will be selling a lid for 2ft fish tank soon. its like wire on top so plenty of ventalation but no room for a lizard to escape and it sits perfectly on top the edges are made out of wood and clip around the sides of the tank so it wont fall off. i just baugh it from a pet store.

Sounds good but ill probably just build one, thanks for letting me know ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back