Baby Beardie Appetities

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shannidah

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Do baby beardies have big appetites or do they differ depending on the individual?

i'm thinking they differ depending on the individual. my bf just got 2, they are 2 weeks apart in age difference so dont know if that is a key thing, but the older one is a complete guts, they are only slightly difference in size but the younger one eats half of what the other eats.

I have one thats a little champ and will hunt the crickets and fly of his log to get one and the other has a one or two crickets a bit of vege then goes back to sleep and sometimes seems a bit listless. He is still pooing so I don't think he has a blockage or is sick, just more laid back I guess.

our beardies had babies this season and every one of the babies were guts. they usually love there food but the more dominate ones will always eat more. do u have a few or just one?

I have two and try to share the crickets with them evenly. One is active and one is sleepy, at the moment the sleepy one is kinda hanging upside down right now, he likes to snooze all day and will only eat maybe two crickets twice a day when the other will certainly try to eat off my arm.

Baby Beardies will eat more food than you can possibly imagine - their appetite is astonishing!

I found when keeping a young pair together that one obviously dominated and ate like a guts - the other moped about and ate very little. I now house the two individually, where they can't see each other, and both eat ravenously (like a growing Beardie should)...

Are slaters OK for beardies?

You asked that 25 minutes ago...I feed my lizards any bugs I find, including slaters - I find slaters are often too small to get much attention though...

...and once again, please have some patience...it is extremely annoying and I found it difficult to bring myself to acknowledge you...

are slaters OK for beardies?
Willia6 - have some patience! you've said that 3 times in 28 minutes!

Oh, and I find baby beardies all have their individual appetites...some are gutses and need to go on a diet and others will eat a lot less...

Thanks for your imput, I'm new to keeping beardies and of course I worry that I am not doing the right thing. I think I have an ADD beardie and just a layed back cruisy one. He eats some and poos, he isn't any smaller than the ADD one and will happily eat tomato and broccoli, just not as many crickets. If I put my crickets in the fridge will it kill them or just slow them down a bit?

Shan - If the crickets are in the fridge for too long they will die - if only in there for a short time they will slow down considerably...five minutes or so usually does the trick...

my young beardie has slowed up a bit with his appetite atm so i make sure he gets enough greens by hand feeding otherwise they dry out by the time he decides to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back