Thailand pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pics! Just a question the pic with the tiger was it taken at the tiger temple?

I'd have to get out the ID books to confirm the ID on the other frogs but definites are:
2 thaifrog = Kaloula pulchra
thaitoad and thaitoad2 = Bufo melanostictus

Yes we caught a tokay, the tiger is at the temple, I have ID's on 80% of the frogs, I'm still going through the 1000 pics I took, will get some more up soon, I have pics of the snake farm in Bankok as well as the cobra show in Phuket and more from Phuket zoo, some good some bad. Also have heaps of gecko pics to post and some habitat ones. Last Wednesday I was stuck on an elephant in an electrical storm in one of the worlds oldest rainforests, followed by a 200km aircon coach ride back, we are all pretty sick now and i'm battling to even look at the pics.... :(

That's a fantastic shot of the Tokay. Can't wait for you to show them all at an AHS meeting!

:p

Hix

great pics jason, i love the pic of the tokay, looks like you had a ball

awesome pics Jase! Always wanted to go visit the tiger temple, will do soon as I save some $$$ hehe

Good to see you had a great time and got in some great herping shots as well 8)

The snake farm in Bankok was pretty good, and will be better when they finish the rebuild, the only bad point was their outdoor enclosures, esp the King Cobra enclosure, that had starving rat snakes of various types awaiting their turn as food, inside on the other hand was better than anything we have in this country, and 99% of the snakes and their enclosures were A1, and the live show was better than the cobra show in Phuket, the cobras were much "fresher".

Attachments

• cavesnake.jpg
    cavesnake.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 87
  • snakefarm1.jpg
    snakefarm1.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 102
  • snakefarm.jpg
    snakefarm.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 77
  • snakefarm6.jpg
    snakefarm6.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 114
  • snakefarm2.jpg
    snakefarm2.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 116
more

Attachments

• snakefarm3.jpg
    snakefarm3.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 80
  • snakefarm4.jpg
    snakefarm4.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 54
  • snakefarm5.jpg
    snakefarm5.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 43
  • snakefarm7.jpg
    snakefarm7.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 56
  • snakefarm8.jpg
    snakefarm8.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 80
Wow, great pics, Jason. That King Cobra looked huge. Did you see any in the forest? Those crested dragons are beautiful lizards ... almost as good as a Boyd's.

Regards,
David

Phuket Cobra Show, snakes were in bad condition, most had noses rubbed off, though "Jimmy" the snakey was pretty good, even though the snakes were calmer than at Bankok, though you would want them to be to kiss them, the guy on the mic was pretty funny too.

Attachments

• Cobrashow.jpg
    Cobrashow.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Cobrashow1.jpg
    Cobrashow1.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 58
  • cobrashow2.jpg
    cobrashow2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 50
  • cobrashow3.jpg
    cobrashow3.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 78
  • cobrashow4.jpg
    cobrashow4.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 47
love the pics Jason looks like you and your family had a great experience ,is it true that they remove the fangs from the cobra's in the rep show? or is it a myth?

Most of the captive mangrove snakes had worn their noses off and looks dehydrated with skin haging off them, I was lucky enough to find a wild one though, but it was curled up asleep in a ball surrounded by foliage and didn't make for good photos. The only snakes I found were. 2 kukri snakes, 1 mangrove, 1 Golden tree snake, my wife found a sunbeam snake (though didn't get me in time) and the kids saw 1 unknown, all snakes except the mangrove were found on hotel grounds. I saw one Clouded Monitor, but couldn't get good pics, a few sp. of Draco (gliding dragons), 3 "other" sp of agamid; 1 Calotes emma, 2 Calotes mystaceus and a million Calotes vercicolor. 2 skink sp. heaps of Mabuya multifasciata, and 2 Dasia olivacea, 4 Gecko sp, and heaps of all of them, Cosymbotus platyurus, Gekko gecko, Gehyra mutilata and Hemidactylus frenatus. All snakes in the shows have fangs intact.

Great Pics, we are off to Thailand in Aug. Can't wait!! Thanks for sharing.

Some Gecko pics, I found Gehyras to be most abundant in the areas we visited, esp in the north.

Attachments

• 1angrygecko.jpg
    1angrygecko.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Chaingmai light.jpg
    Chaingmai light.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Cosymbotus platyurus.jpg
    Cosymbotus platyurus.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Gehyra mutilata.jpg
    Gehyra mutilata.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Tokay1.jpg
    Tokay1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 46
The croc show at Phuket zoo.

Attachments

• Crocshow.jpg
    Crocshow.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 68
  • crocshow1.jpg
    crocshow1.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Crocshow2.jpg
    Crocshow2.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 51
  • crocshow3.jpg
    crocshow3.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 46
  • crocshow4.jpg
    crocshow4.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 66
Fantastic pics jason, those crazy thais...the head in the crocs mouth?? looks like his arm got better though, lol
The elephant painting is on a you tube clip and i thought it was set up at first.
Now thats a bit scary huh.
Thanks for sharing, looks like you had a ball.

Hey Jason, it seems that you had a great trip with very cool herps!

Awesome shots by the way!

I'll try to identify the frogs.

Polypedates megacephalus
Kaloula pulchra
Polypedates leucomystax
the Rana-species shows some characteristics of the "Hylarana erythraea", but I'm not sure about this species.
Bufo melanostictus
Bufo melanostictus
Leptobrachium smithi
Microhyla pulchra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back