water logged?..or not

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

itbites

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey all! ..1st off my beardy girl layed 15 eggs today which was kind of unexpected lol.. they are quite yellow in colour (usually white) and she's gone and laid them in their water bowl! :shock: Now i'm pretty sure i got them very soon after she laid also after i got them out i put them on newspaper before placing them into the vermiculite tubs. So my question is ..is there any chance that they will survive or should i not bother to keep them incubated? Thankfully their water bowl was basically empty as i think she must have splashed it all out..enclosure floor is drenched. So there was only around 1cm left in the bottom. Has anyone else had this happen, and still get any success with the eggs? Cheers K

if they are yellow they are normally infertile

I'd still try,...if they collapse you'll know u shouldnt have bothered. :)

GOod luck with them, and tell ur silly girl to surprise u by laying them in a better place next time!

u sure theyre fertile?

Well i believe so 'cos the male has been skittish and i'de see him nibble her neck head bob at her ect... she's a strange girl and i've never really classified her as logical lol. Yes i've still decided to look after them for now, a friend just popped round and she said to incubate 'em i should know in a day or 2 i guess..?

Will do ;) ...personally i don't think their fertile like hornet posted earlier.. however they've lightened up a li'l and have no smell to them, i'm getting an egg candler in the next week or 2 anyways so hopefully i won't have to guess anymore after that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back