red barred and pygmy's together?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

luke_84

Reaction score
is it possible for me to keep red barred dragons and pygmy beardies together in the same enclosure??
ideally id like a pair of each, will the males of either variety fight with each other and is there a possibility of cross breeding...thanks in advance
luke

Cross breeding would be a possibility...

It'd be safer to buy two enclosures... it'd also be less cramped.

I doubt very much that they would cross breed but there is a define chance of fighting.

Rarely can you take short cuts with keeping reptiles. Putting multiple species in one cage is just one of those short cuts that normally ends in disaster.

2 ctenophorus species i wouldnt hesitate to place in a display enclosure together as long as theere are plenty of basking spots as they are pretty non agressive but i have no idea about what pygmy's are like. Also they like different setpus

my pygmy's can be quite aggressive. only one of them is a lesbian, the other on is just flirtatious, being both females, it can get a little.... tence in there some times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back