Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FARGO

Reaction score
My Misses Hates My Snake What Do You Do My Kids Love It

um...

LOTS of people don't like snakes, they're certainly not for everyone. That's one of the great things about owning them, it's something different. Fortunately, my missus LOVES my snakes. And my kids.... well my snakes ARE my kids, stuff having the real thing.

LOL Fargo!!! My misses dosent hate mine but she isnt really a fan (if you know what i mean!!!!!)

My 3yo Daughter on the other hand loves them and is allways telling me when she can see them out of there hide saying " Rockys awake"!!!! or " Max awake now!!!!!! Gotta love kids ;)

Get a new missus?? :lol:

JOKE - I will not be held responsible for your marital issues :p

Ummmm, well my missus HATED ALL reptiles - and now she loves them!! It's a bit of the "fear of the unknown" I guess... she'll learn to love em once she gets to know about em.

lol fargo my missus hated the idea of me getting a snake and she use to b scared wen its out, just give her time my missus is still a bit scared but atleast she aint screaming and stuff anymore lol

If she's not totally phobic, at least you have a chance. (After all, you managed to get a snake and stay married.) Just don't force her to handle, clean or feed it. If you can keep the kids enthusiastic and teach them about snakes, she'll learn along the way and may eventually learn to accept it better. My parents HATE snakes, but have to accept them when they come to visit our house. They just try not to shudder when the kids play with their Antaresia.

I have a friend that hates our reptiles and now refuses to come to the house if I have any here. But then again I don't like her very much so maybe it's a blessing in disguise...

Get her a gecko they are so irresistable and harmless :) even the most cold hearted person would fall for the gecko big eyes sweet little face trick :)

My missus was going to leave me when I got the first snake. She is OK with them now. She has threatened to definitely go if I ever get a ven, so maybe that is worth a try!! :lol:

First time I took my missus into a snake shop she hyperventilated now she has two of her own????go figure!

Well Erin_Jane WAS doing okay with my bredli Strangles, even managed to hold her for a second or two, but then she moved too quick when strangles was on the computer and Strangles went for her face:lol: not really funny....well maybe a bit...

Now i think she is more scared than when i first got her....actually i know she is but i'm still hoping she'll come around..

Ben

I have to say, as Ben mentioned, that I'm no longer just scared of Strangles (ben's snake) , I'm absolutely terrified & seeing her slithering towards Ben's face (let alone my own!!) brings me so close to tears it's not funny.

I thought it was something I wanted to overcome but now I don't want to see it out of the enclosure at all.

So I guess my thoughts are that if she doesn't like snakes, don't push her into having any interaction with it unless it's on her own terms and if she doesn't want you to get one in the first place (sorry, I should have concentrated more when I was reading the thread, don't know if you actually have a snake already), then you really should respect that and take it into consideration before before getting the snake (unless of course you have one already which makes what I'm saying slightly redundant!)

If I had a say in the matter Ben wouldn't have the snake... give me bunny rabbits & dragons any day!!

My housemate is scared ****less by snakes

Like freezes everytime I get the python out until he realises its not going to get him,

What do I do??

Well I'm getting my second snake this weekend muahahah

maybe you need a bigger snake, would she fit inside a scrubby?

just claim a room or the garage as your room and put him in there that way she doesn't even have to see it. my hubby wasn't keen untill i got him to hold one and he was hooked line and sinker. he recently had a cry because i was talking about moving my reps out of the living room and into my study lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back