stressing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lan_2_3q

Not so new Member
Reaction score
just after some personal experience stories hopefully to reassure myself...
currently am beginning to try and brumate my first snake, he's a little diamond python...and i know he's ok but its really cold haha, it's 16.2oC in the air in his enclosure. THAT IS COLD FOR A COLD BLOODED ANIMAL! and so yeah is he going to be able to stand that? because im contemplating just bailing on the whole brumating concept

They're local to Sydney.... it gets really cold down there.
I don't think you need to worry about the little guy.

he is 16 months old...born january 2007, so this is his second winter

If it were me, I'd wait another winter or two. Just so he is large enough, it'll settle your nerves.

They're local to Sydney.... it gets really cold down there.
I don't think you need to worry about the little guy.

Why give advise on something you yourself have to look up??
Stick to grammar sweetie

nothing worse than a regurgitator.
(incase you dont get it, thats someone who spews secondhand info)

Give him another year before you cool him.
Save you stressing.
He is still only small

Are you providing heat during the day? If so, then he will be fine.

nothing worse than a regurgitator.
(incase you dont get it, thats someone who spews secondhand info)

Nothing worse than a person who assumes the wrong ****.

When I said 'reading back' I was referring to his post, hence reading back over his post and realising that he has a small python, not large enough to burmate properly. You brainless nit.

Are you providing heat during the day? If so, then he will be fine.

Yeah, that's another thing - the heat he receives during the day will play a large factor, I mean bearded dragons can go over night without heat all year as long as they are heated during the day, so I presume it should be ok for your little guy as well.

Yeah, that's another thing - the heat he receives during the day will play a large factor, I mean bearded dragons can go over night without heat all year as long as they are heated during the day, so I presume it should be ok for your little guy as well.

Dragons will sleep exposed though, kinda different.

Dragons will sleep exposed though, kinda different.

I was using them as a successful example - not comparing them to snakes.

In saying that I was supporting Mr. Bredli's notation that heat through the day is better than no heat at all.

Unless you are gonna breed this animal, this season. I wouldnt cool it at all.
You only have to cool animals if your planning to breed them that season.

Unless you are gonna breed this animal, this season. I wouldnt cool it at all.
You only have to cool animals if your planning to breed them that season.

That is correct except for Diamonds.

The concensus is they should be cooled during winter from their second year, so assuming your snake is in good condition, I would recommend cooling it.

Don't start cooling for around a month after its last feed, by which time it should have defecated and have noting in its stomach.

With mine I tend to give it a few hours heat in the morning, and then nothing for the rest of the day, Usually he will come out and bask in the morning, just like they do in the wild. I am in Brisbane and it may be a bit different in Sydney with different conditions. Hopefully someone with Diamond experience from down south will let you know how they cool theirs, instead of some of the opinions posted from people with no Diamond experience.

I am not saying my way is correct, as you will find everybody does something a little different but still works.

That is correct except for Diamonds.

The concensus is they should be cooled during winter from their second year, so assuming your snake is in good condition, I would recommend cooling it.

Don't start cooling for around a month after its last feed, by which time it should have defecated and have noting in its stomach.

With mine I tend to give it a few hours heat in the morning, and then nothing for the rest of the day, Usually he will come out and bask in the morning, just like they do in the wild. I am in Brisbane and it may be a bit different in Sydney with different conditions. Hopefully someone with Diamond experience from down south will let you know how they cool theirs, instead of some of the opinions posted from people with no Diamond experience.

I am not saying my way is correct, as you will find everybody does something a little different but still works.

What Mangles and Cockney said!
Our little ones are around the same ages as yours and they will be cooled this season by just giving them a few hours heat in the morning and thats it.

My young guy is just kicking an RI so I will be keeping him warm this Winter - in general, however, the system detailed by Mangles is spot on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back