Live In Adelaide? Ven Expert Wanted

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi im interested in getting a pet snake but am unsure wheater i need a permit or licence to keep one in NSW if so can some one tell me how to go about getting one cheers. plz send me a private message if you can help

Last edited:
Oh, but thanks for the compliment!

Good luck in finding your little snake a good home, Lovemysnakes!

Hi im interested in getting a pet snake but am unsure wheater i need a permit or licence to keep one in NSW if so can some one tell me how to go about getting one cheers.

You need a license, search through google and government websites, they'll be informative.

P.S, sorry Lovemysnakes for this silly person to have taken over your thread!

I should also apologise for my own postings as well!

Why would a non feeding RBB juvie be necessarily wild caught. Do you know how easy they are to breed.
I can get rescue wild caughts on to pinkies just as quick as CB if not faster.
Get hold of a pinkie pump. It will bulk up quicker than on skinks.

In all honesty Lovemysnakes, I'd say it's a little like falling off your bike...time to get up and give it another go. You're gonna be more the wiser for it now ;)

I know where you are coming from MN, normally I would do just that - trouble is when I first decided to keep Vens I had no idea about the 'over the to reaction' my body would have to the Venom. I cant really risk having another two weeks off work. I have also been informed that another bite could be fatal or destroy my already failing liver.

</IMG>

My picks.

Hey Australis, you obviously enjoy a good fight. I'm trying not to get involved in this one even though it's my thread - I got an infraction last fight. Maybe I'm a little bias, but I think deadflesh is coming out on top!

Why would a non feeding RBB juvie be necessarily wild caught. Do you know how easy they are to breed.
I can get rescue wild caughts on to pinkies just as quick as CB if not faster.
Get hold of a pinkie pump. It will bulk up quicker than on skinks.

Ta Peter

I guess this highlights the need for an experienced mentor when getting into vens..

If you had been taught proper handling techniques, you may not have been bitten in the first place.

To attempt what I assume was your first experiance with force feeding, ON A VEN, ON YOUR OWN is a recipe for disaster.

Who the hell vouched for you?? I could hazard a guess..

You say no one has offered to help, and that is not true..
I offered you the best possible outcome.. Someone who can take the snake and get it feeding asap. (locally)
but it seems you arnt interested.. If you're not going to feed it, give it to someone who can... or stuff around trying to sell it on your own, and let it deteriate..
I hope the snake gets a good home soon..XX

Hmmm. I know some very experienced people bitten. No shame in that.
Maybe bit harsh here.:?

Hey Australis, you obviously enjoy a good fight. I'm trying not to get involved in this one even though it's my thread - I got an infraction last fight. Maybe I'm a little bias, but I think deadflesh is coming out on top!

And good you did not get involved. Moderators are maybe not superfast, but 3 infractions in this topic so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back