Mmmmmmm....Roooooooooo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they stay in the pouch until they are basically too big for anything but a big scrubby to get at. they dont come out until they are fully furred. its probably headless because he bought it in blackburn, not broadmeadows.

Pmsl, lets take joel pigshooting ;),,

I figure someone has made the most of one of the by-products of the roo-shoot which roo-shooters usually leave in the paddock..

Could be road-kill to..

Another snake got the head or it was to gruesome for the pic?

Last edited:
lol, we shal have to catch up next time im in melbourne, or your down near wangaratta. we leagally kull roos here.

Seeing as he said it came from a butcher, i'd imagine that it would have been fit for human consumption and therefore had its head removed.

Mmmmmmmmmm...Joeys.......
Unfortunately this young decapitated joey was not bought from a butcher....would be good if you could, but its illegal in Australia to buy/trade dead young joeys. I tried to get the laws changed a while ago, but its a legal, ethical and political minefield, and I wasnt prepared to put that much time needed for a very low chance of change. Better things to do.....

This wee fella in the pic was aquired whilst out shooting yeasterday arvie.
Reason for being headless, is as its the one of the humane methods outlined to kill young joeys. The other way is a blow to the head, which I feel has a less then 100% succesfull death rate like decapitation does......

I always feel sorry for the poor wee buggers when I chop their heads off, feeling a bit like an executioner killing innocent children.........yesterday though it wasnt so hard, as I managed to convince myself that why should I leave them as crow food in the paddock when instead my bredli can have a nice feed :D

Last edited:
No offence but imo thats is absoloutly horrible

Why is it horrible? Its just another mammal. Mice, rats, guinea pigs, baby chickens, rabbits, piglets, so heck, why not a joey? If you dont have the stomach for it then dont have an interest in snakes! Though come to think of it though, WHY do snakes only like the cute critters? hahahahaha

I thought the muslims managed to get pig products banned there?:shock:

probably... but jews in ripponlea/balaclava have had it banned for YEARS.

but so what really... the butcher would only do it coz it means more people shop there, and he makes more money.

and as for the "its cruel" assuming they are harvested/euthed ethically, its no worse than rats mice rabbits

EDIT: and it seems it was... so rather than wasting an animal, it was put to a valid use...
my vegan GF sitting behind me even approves

GOD will condemn you to the fiery pits of HELL! ;):D

Apparently, Australia is the only country that eats its national emblems. Weren't you worried about parasites from the joey?

Beef & bacon are commericially farmed (not wild native animals) for food use to sustain HUMAN life.

I hate roo's anyway

Beef or bacon, most people on earth eat that. Killing a Roo. To far.

You have a lot to learn young fella - Roos are in plague proportions throughout much of the country...

That joey would either have looked like that lying in a field or looked like that getting eaten by Bredli - surely it would be a waste to leave it to the feral cats to pick at...

Apparently, Australia is the only country that eats its national emblems. Weren't you worried about parasites from the joey?

Not even remotely true (thankyou VB ads).
The kangaroo is not Australia's faunal emblem and other countries have animals such as the rooster as their national faunal emblem.

I cant agree or disagree with the whole is it right or is it wrong, Yes they are in plague proportion and yes they are an Australian icon so whos right and whos wronge? At least it wasnt wasted, probaly not a good idea to be posting it every where i can see how it may offend.

everyone that thinks its wrong to eat your national emblem, get over yourselves. do you sing the national anthem every morning?
roos should be eaten more in australia, they breed and grow better than beef and lamb in australia and they are far better for the land. ive tasted bad beef and crappy sheep, ive only ever tasted good roo...

roos should be eaten more in australia, they breed and grow better than beef and lamb in australia and they are far better for the land. ive tasted bad beef and crappy sheep, ive only ever tasted good roo...

Joel - I agree entirely mate - I love Roo - and the little beggars are everywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back