Mmmmmmm....Roooooooooo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
have you ever seen a mob of 4000 roos mate? how about 4000 roos with nothing to eat? what would you do with these?

I would leave them alone because nature will take care of them. Nature never lets her creatures suffer, ever.

If you kill our national emblems god will send you straight to Hell to burn for all eternity.

Amen.

O...........k...............................................

**breath a sigh of helplessness**
nature didn't put them there, god didn't put them as our national emblems...

all good and well to use injured things as a food source but I wonder about the legalities of doing this...personally I wouldn't be posting a pic of feeding a native animal to a captive animal, parks would surely jump up and down if they saw this.

I would also worry about the parasite transfer to ur bredli from feeding wild prey.

Just my 2cents worth...

**breath a sigh of helplessness**
nature didn't put them there, god didn't put them as our national emblems...

I'll let you in on a little secret. Sdaji sometimes has his tongue planted firmly in his cheek. He is also trained as an ecologist.

Sorry, some people genuinely are stupid enough to say what I did. I suppose my underestimation of human stupidity made my sarcasm insufficiently extreme. Incidentally, 'roo is my favourite red meat and for what it's worth, there isn't much I won't happily eat.

I dont understand how ppl can say that roo is cute, it doesnt even have a head :?

Perhaps they should be alternated with kittens every few weeks to provide some variety in the diet.

all good and well to use injured things as a food source but I wonder about the legalities of doing this...personally I wouldn't be posting a pic of feeding a native animal to a captive animal, parks would surely jump up and down if they saw this.

I would also worry about the parasite transfer to ur bredli from feeding wild prey.

Just my 2cents worth...

I've been in contact with parks in the NT. As long as the animals are legally held and dead there is no legal problem with it.

As you can see this happens to be a big concern for the RSPCA who want this changed, but in saying this if its ok for this practice to exist why should it be such a concern to kill (done humanely) wild un-domesticated animals that are in or starting to become plague proportions as long as its not just for sport and has a practical use for the dead carcass.

The problem you have there is......not everyone knows the correct way to humanely kill something, also adding to the fact you dont kill every species in the same way (i.e ..you wouldnt put a mammal in the fridge for an hour & then the freezer !)

I thought skippy was quite nice....esp with bbq sauce!;)

Half a kilo of Roo , 1 big onoin , 3 potatoes , 2 carrots , 1 pint beef stock , half pint white wine,
handful of mixed herbs , 1 tin chopped tomamtoes , salt & pepper .

Basically sear the meat in olive oil , put it aside , brown the onions in the meat/oil juice.
put into casserole dish with stock , wine , herbs & potoatoes . put in oven for 50 mins on 200.
Thenadd everything else & cook for another hour on 150.
Can add a bit of flour thicker too.

Tastes really good !!..........mmmmmm...Rooooooo

Roo tastes aweful IMO, there are so many better meats available, Lamb, Duck, Chicken, Pork, Beef, Rabbit, Turkey even Crocodile.. frig even goat tastes better. Sure you can dress it up with sauces and make it edible, but would be last on my list everytime, as a snake food though, it's A1, low fat / fur and blunter claws than kittens.

Have you tried in a casserole though ? ....I didn't like it cooked as steak , but the casserole is killin' , so to speak .

IMO feeding the snake a joey, is no different to feeding your dog/cat roo mince.
It is sold readily in most pet stores.... ie, petbarn.

some of you guys are starting to scare me...i mean imagine if americans started eating bald eagles not to mention national emblems even more endangered. but seriously i have no probs with it... well aftter looking after a joey for a while they are rather cute.

Have you tried in a casserole though ? ....I didn't like it cooked as steak , but the casserole is killin' , so to speak .

I love it as a steak, if it's done right.

Its the Kanga Bangas (roo sausages) that taste weird.

:p

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back