Mmmmmmm....Roooooooooo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
some of you guys are starting to scare me...i mean imagine if americans started eating bald eagles not to mention national emblems even more endangered. but seriously i have no probs with it... well aftter looking after a joey for a while they are rather cute.

The bald eagle is not a pest, in fact its on the endangered list.

Never been fussed on roo steaks, but I might have to give Natrix's stew a shot. Sounds yum.

Roos are destroying properties all over our country. Unless you are a property owner, or live in the more rural areas, you probably wouldn't understand the damage that they can do. We are so overwhelmed with them here... I have them in my front yard!!! When we go out on a cull, we are all licenced, and the property owners have asked us to be there. Every bit of a roo is utilised. Even our dogs are fed.

As for the joeys. Well, we don't have x-ray vision, and there is no way of telling if a roo is carrying a joey. Once the roo is down, you have to kill the joey immediately or you can be in a world of trouble. They make a high pitched squeal that brings daddy running... and I don't know if any of you have ever come face to face with a 6foot plus buck before... but WOW... that is scarey.

why should we kill our emblem, i would swear 50 times but im to young, to all the younger people out there,,,,.................. KILL THE ADULTS AND FEED THEM TO YOUR SNAKES and dont forget to chop there heads off!!!

Everyone comes back to the roo being the emblem, does anyone actually know why the roo and emu are australias emblems?

Yep exactly....... How is that so brilliant to make them superior to the other native animals?

im confused, why do all the younger people think its wrong to cull or eat roo? what are they teaching in schools these days. im not what you would call old, and my generation has no issue with keeping a population of animals in check.

Where I work we have people from the Philippines now where they come from they eat dog for special occasions, now these guys also admit into going to the pound once evey couple of months to bring home a dog to slaughter and eat (no this is not a joke)

I know the arguments for and against, but to go to a pound looking for a dog to slaughter to eat, in my opinion is absolutely disgusting. People like that make me sick. I don't care what their argument for it is, this is Australia and we don't accept that type of behaviour.

A dog sitting in a pound, abandoned, someone agrees to take it. You can imagine the dog, excited, jumping around wagging its tail at all then new found attention, only to be shipped to its 'new home' only to be butchered by some disgusting, less than human freak for their own pleasure.

I lose my faith in the human race a little more each day!

I take it that you can't make it over for Tea & a slice of Spaniel Pavlova tonight then mrmikk :)

I know the arguments for and against, but to go to a pound looking for a dog to slaughter to eat, in my opinion is absolutely disgusting. People like that make me sick. I don't care what their argument for it is, this is Australia and we don't accept that type of behaviour.

A dog sitting in a pound, abandoned, someone agrees to take it. You can imagine the dog, excited, jumping around wagging its tail at all then new found attention, only to be shipped to its 'new home' only to be butchered by some disgusting, less than human freak for their own pleasure.

Last edited by a moderator:

I work with some ladies from the Philippines and they ahev all said they ahve eaten dog(not since they have been in Australia), but since coming here they now say they would never eat it! They all said that over there anything that moves is not safe as they will eat anything and everything, not only that but most time things are killed horribly. I hope we never become like that and allow people to just kill what they want when they want with out some kind of regulations. Humans realy are the foulest creatures on earth, with no respect for anything that is BENEATH us.

I take it that you can't make it over for Tea & a slice of Spaniel Pavlova tonight then mrmikk :)

QUOTE=mrmikk;1141039]I know the arguments for and against, but to go to a pound looking for a dog to slaughter to eat, in my opinion is absolutely disgusting. People like that make me sick. I don't care what their argument for it is, this is Australia and we don't accept that type of behaviour.

[/quote]

Sorry mate, love your pav but busy reading the yellow pages that night :)

I work with some ladies from the Philippines and they ahev all said they ahve eaten dog(not since they have been in Australia), but since coming here they now say they would never eat it! They all said that over there anything that moves is not safe as they will eat anything and everything, not only that but most time things are killed horribly. I hope we never become like that and allow people to just kill what they want when they want with out some kind of regulations. Humans realy are the foulest creatures on earth, with no respect for anything that is BENEATH us.

Good on you Bundy, I share you thoughts!

So , just out of interest then Bundy & mrmikk , what animal do you draw the line at ?
Badger , monkey , possum , weasle , llama , dingo etc ??
Seriously , where's the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back