Mmmmmmm....Roooooooooo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've cooked it plenty of ways Bob, I havn't bought any in some time....mmmm 15 years odd, it used to be really expensive, well.. for what it was, and at that price, I'd rather eat Lamb! but if your cooking again, I'll haul over your way, though I think it's my turn, that's if your allowed into the Shire, might do a mixed Weber, Lamb, Chicken and Duck, no dog I promise ;)

Roo loin seasoned with sweet smoked paprika and szechuan pepper, seared rare and well rested. Awesome. As is roo with chilli chocolate jus.
Letting the meat rest is very important, more so than beef or lamb. Roo straight off the hot-plate will bleed dry when cut and turn out stringy and tough. Let it relax and and the muscle fibres loosen up and hold the juices in.

Snake saki mmmm.
Habu & Absente, I could drink that all night long.

317913093_bdd0f6d840.jpg

What type of snake? Can you get different types?

Well it is good to know that Ignorance isn't just an American and European affliction seems to be a world wide problem these days.. Someone pass me a slice of that Roo ! medium rare if you please.. Randy

Jason, in this country we DON'T eat dogs, if it is part of your culture that you have bought with you from OS and you don't like Australian values then go back to where you came from or accept and respect Aussie values and culture.

Just my opinion, I don't expect everyone to agree.

Hmmm, May be just me, but these two statements don't exactly seem to go together, on the one hand you seem to think anybody who doesn't agree with your idea of "proper behaviour" should be deported. On the other hand however these people don't have to agree with you? So now they can stay?

By the way, many of the dogs found at the pound are destined to be euthanised anyway if a home is not found for them and there is always the chance that if they do find a home, the new owner will be as abusive or neglectful as the last. What is wrong with eating any animal as long as it has been humanely killed, ESPECIALLY if it was likely to be euthanised anyway? The dog obviously isn't the best mate of the person about to eat it, just like you aren't best mates with the cows and chooks you devour.

Jungletrans if my Monitor stops working anytime soon it is your fault for the Dr. Pepper I just spit all over it.. So if you get a bill in the mail you'll know why LMAO..Randy

good stuff jungletrans.
while were on the topic, i often feed my blue tongues with sparrows and black birds. they are trapped with a fishing net and fed whole.
is this considered wrong also?

should ruffle some feathers.

I recon childern would be tasty, i might just go and get the one from next door and chop it up for tea!!!!, better yet why doesent Australia be like other countries and chop out a snakes still beating heart and feed it to rich pigs who think it will give them a better sex life, owww and this ones a must do, why dont we all skin racoons while they are still alive its so fun to watch them squirm while their fur is being peeled from their bodies. Ohhh and the sun bears i mean what can i say how yummy would their bile be and they realy do like having to live in tiny cages with a pipe stuck in their bodies! these are just a few of the many things that we do! and worst of all look at what we do to each other, i got an email today about a little boy who was killed and his body stuffed with drugs so they could smuggle it over the mexican boarder pretending he was a sleep! NEED I SAY MORE! im just happy their are good as well as bad! and im not a vegan, i eat meat!

DudeJoel, does a blackbird fit whole in a bluetongue?
If they were humanely euthanased I wouldn't disagree.....

Hey all , im new here.... read this and thought id add my 2c.

On the dog issue, it seems totally wrong to butcher and eat an animal that we have bred to be "mans best friend", an animal that would be willing to be loyal to any owner and an animal that was probably given as a christmas present when it just a cute little puppy wagging its tail...

Even though it might have been euthunised anyway, theres a big difference from being put down and being butchered by a phillapino.

On another note, humans are gods biggest mistake i rekon, australia does plently of bad things aswell, we ship millions of sheep a year to the middle east in appalling conditions where they are auctioned off to the highest bidder and then often stuffed into a car boot still alive and driven accross the desert just so they can cull the animal in some sort of ritualistic sacrificial ceromony.

i often feed my blue tongues with sparrows and black birds. they are trapped with a fishing net and fed whole.
is this considered wrong also?

Yes.

Freeze them for six weeks before feeding to kill any parasites.

:p

Hix

this has certainly turned into an interesting discussion :p

on the topic of judeo-christian belief systems, AKA dominion/human supremecy etc, should not our supposed superiority over 'non-sentient' beings justify responsible stewardship of those creatures? if we are to harvest (in any use of the term) another creatures body and or by-products for our benefit do we not have the responsibility to maintain some sort of 'right to life' system? (such as quick and painless death, quality of life before slaughter etc)... IMO it makes no difference what the animal looks like on the outside, it simply comes down to the individual to chose to support (or not) the particular industry that provides them with any such meat they prefer.

For personal reasons i do not eat red meat, but by no means does this mean i judge others for the choices they make, that is the beauty of living in a country that allows freedom of speech and thought. however i feel that it is imperative for us to realise that just because someone does not share the sames values and beliefs as yourself does not make your way of thinking 'higher' or more correct, only different.
Each to their own, and be it on their own conscience. (that is not to say that i am not fundamentally against the slaughter of dolphins and whales in Japan etc) to put things into perspective, i've never felt so disgusted at being a member of the human race when one day i walked passed a Halal butcher and saw i tiny goat kid trotting around, the butcher was sitting on a stool sharpening some blades... you can guess what happened next.

oh and can i just say, that comment on 'respect our values when you're in aus, like we do when we're overseas...' mhm, uuuuuh, makes me wonder about all those aussie gals wondering around temples in thailand in shorts, singlet and thongs... taking photos... doesnt look like WE observe native culture and value systems when WE go overseas now does it? and 'ahem' respect our LAWS and legislation, not necessarily our values, we can hardly expect to call ourselves mutlicultural if we expect conformation to the 'norm' by everyone that we consider different.

oooh that was a bit of a rant now wasnt it?:lol:

yep they fit whole into a medium sized bluey's mouth. most of mine wont take a mouse or bird, but i have one in particular that will take any food, it especially likes mice and birds. im not sure if it likes the struggle, but it takes a good hour for it to swallow a black bird. it walks it around the cage and smashes it into anything solid that it can find. it once ate 6 mice in one sitting. it'll be fully grown next season, and hopefully breeding. should be a beauty of a blood line :)
maybe when its fully grown it can feast on pinky roos aswell.

out of interest, how much go roo joeys cost? are they more expensive than rats of comparative size etc?

Why are you shooting native animals?

1. We have a DMP to do so
2. They are good eating
3. In the good times their numbers get extreamly high then when the dams dry up and the food dies, so do the roo's. I can walk into any old building on my friends property and count 30-40+ roo carcasses which have all died a relatively slow death and have gone to waste.

IMO its better to put them out of their misery and put them to use if possible.

i've never felt so disgusted at being a member of the human race when one day i walked passed a Halal butcher and saw i tiny goat kid trotting around, the butcher was sitting on a stool sharpening some blades... you can guess what happened next.
Shooshoo, I imagine the kid would have been slaughtered..I dont understand where your coming from..
Halal slaughter in quick and the person who kills the animal has respect for it..not like the daily killing of veal and other animals in a non halal / kosher kill in the abbatoir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back