Enclosure for Spotted

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J3ss_

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Im getting a new little spotted soon and i will be keeping her in a click clack for the first few months, but im looking for an upgrade enclosure for when shes bigger and was just wondering if a 60x30x60cm (LxWxH) tank would be too small for a Spotted?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :)

Spotted's will apparently grow to 1.5m, the rule of thumb is half the snakes length for the length of the enclosure and a quarter of the snakes length for the height and depth. This of course can vary a little bit depending how much room you have. That size sounds fine until its fully grown and maybe even ok for a fully grown spotted, but you'll be surprised how long they can live in their click clack and you can just upgrade this for the first year / 18 months. Snakes can get stressed if the enclosure is too big for them, just make sure you have plenty of hides.

i built my spotted enclosure 750x600x500 suits them fine

My Anterasia enclosures are 750 x 450x450.

Spotted's can get up to 150cm, but they would average around 120cm, so on that basis a 60cm enclosure would be okay, but would not go any smaller and personally would go a little bit bigger.

My macs enclosure is 1200 x 600 x 600

I wanted something a little igher as she does climb a little. and it allowed me to give numerous hides

My Stimson Pythons enclosures are: 900x600x600(mm) (length x width x height) and they're large enough - Both of them can fully stretch out with room left over. However spotted pythons get abit larger than Stimson pythons. so I'd probably go the size that I have suggested or maybe even a little bigger.

I have just put the male into the females enclosure - for breeding and there's still heaps of room for the 2 of them.

Gday this is what i got my baby's in
Picture001.jpg

And this is what the bigger feller is in and the 2 babies will end up in the same size enclosure

snakeJerry10-12-2007006.jpg

Lewy

My spotted is in 600x500x400. He's not fully grown (only about 90cm) but so far it's more than enough for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back