Turtle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:shock:...I thought you posted that you don't need help as you know everything already lol... I'm not sure people will want to help when you just shoot them down like that?! Those pics you took of that turtle to me look perfectly normal... Apart from the environment not being visibly attractive I believe you are way over dramatising his condition. So don't worry that he's not going to make it through the week :) I have seen a lot worse! He seems alert of a good weight and fairly clean. Does the previous owner know that you have stolen their turtle :p best of luck with him cheers K

I didn't state it was body mass - it means his stomache isn't ****ing empty.

He was neglected.
Have you talked to the owner about the turtle? No.
I have. Exactly. The turtle and the cats were all neglected.

The upper limb pockets are right near the intestines.

1. I didn't say he has put on weight I said his hollows aren't 2 inches deep... which they were because I was mortified about it.

2. I had mentioned that I had seen the turtle a year earlier - and the only differences between then and now are: his water level was higher, the turtle was smaller, he was located upstairs - and was receiving about 5 turtle pellets once every 3-5 days. He did not have a dock, no UV, no varied diet, no heating.

I don't know what someone has to do for a turtle to get in the condition that turtle pictured was... because I know for a damned well fact that this turtle was not receiving he proper attention and care.

Look if its damned well necessary, I'll get statements from witnesses, the owner, whatever.

...How to win friends and influence people...

Yes, I have some suggestions.

1. Calm down.

2. Stop being rude.

3. Don't be abusive to the people that are offering you guidance.

I'm not being rude....
And nobody is offering guidance right now, only criticism.

And for the last time - I did not steal the turtle....

Look, if you all think the turtle was doing oh so fine without all the suggested care, then, I'll tell the previous owner that and he can go back - savvy.

Why should I waste my time and money on a turtle that didn't need help.

I'm finished with this site - it's ridiculous. I'm being criticised for improving the living conditions of a turtle.

How do I get suspended?

thats not a very good attitude to have imo ...and why did you take it upon yourself to take a turtle when you obviously have no idea what to do, and no funds available ...and then get snappy with everyone else because they don't agree with your opinions. Also you stated

"but I cannot see where I said that I had a problem.... I didn't have problems to be solved, the previous owner did and I have not encountered any problem with providing for the little guy." :shock:

thats not a very good attitude to have imo ...and why did you take it upon yourself to take a turtle when you obviously have no idea what to do, and no funds available ...and then get snappy with everyone else because they don't agree with your opinions. Also you stated

"but I cannot see where I said that I had a problem.... I didn't have problems to be solved, the previous owner did and I have not encountered any problem with providing for the little guy." :shock:

That's out of context - and you know it.

I took the turtle because he was given to me when I asked about how he was.

I had enough funds to care for him, just had to make sacrifices.

Don't agree with my opinions?!

I had stated observations and my opinions were; a rotten enclosure, a owner on holiday, no sun, no dock, shallow water = bad.... how wrong is that?

Why should I waste my time and money on a turtle that didn't need help.

...you forgot about our time and effort as well...

People are always willing to help - which they showed - until you behave rude and arrogantly towards those offering you the correct advice...

If you no longer wish to be a part of the site it is simple - log out...

I had stated observations and my opinions were; a rotten enclosure, a owner on holiday, no sun, no dock, shallow water = bad.... how wrong is that?

You forget you said it would be dead in a week, and its amazing recovery when in your care.
You got corrected on this, and then got narky. :)

You forget you said it would be dead in a week, and its amazing recovery when in your care.
You got corrected on this, and then got narky. :)

I did not get narky, I said that I agree, and he probably had more than a week, go bad and read before you post.

...you forgot about our time and effort as well...

People are always willing to help - which they showed - until you behave rude and arrogantly towards those offering you the correct advice...

If you no longer wish to be a part of the site it is simple - log out...

I TOOK ALL ADVICE!!!

I got grumpy when people were telling me that the way he was was fine!

I did not get narky, I said that I agree, and he probably had more than a week, go bad and read before you post.

Ive read the whole thread..
Speaking of reading before you post, i did question one of your obersvations, but you failed to
respond.

I TOOK ALL ADVICE!!!

I got grumpy when people were telling me that the way he was was fine!

Well you were wrong, no need to get narky.

I guess you might of been expecting a big pat on the back, oh well... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back