Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

themightyfinn

Reaction score
Hey,
This afternoon i was handling my spotted python and first it bit me in the palm, then withdrew after a couple of minutes which im guessing is normal but then she started loosening her jaw and started swallowing my finger, it got a bit past my fingernail, then i pulled it out as if it was in anymore we could have had some serious problems. I fed her a couple of days ago also.
My question is, is this normal? Has it happened to any of you guys? Should i be concerned?

...I wish i could help, but i dont even get my snake until tomorrow.
maybe you just tasted good? :D

i remember seeing a thread where a woma was having a good old munch on someones finger it isn't not normal for a snake to bite it might think your finger is a pinky:) i isnt anything to worry about as long as you didn't hurt the snake when you pulled you finger out

i remember seeing a thread where a woma was having a good old munch on someones finger it isn't not normal for a snake to bite it might think your finger is a pinky:) i isnt anything to worry about as long as you didn't hurt the snake when you pulled you finger out

Yeah she was fine with it. just returned to exploring my hand

i've seen a photo of a guy with ... a blackhead i think, and it had swallowed the guys finger to the knuckle joint. at that point i'm guessing it would realise it couldnt eat you anymore and regurgitate it.... as long as it doesnt eat ur whole hand.... i think you will be sweet... even if it did eat ur arm it couldnt get past ur shoulder....

i've seen a photo of a guy with ... a blackhead i think, and it had swallowed the guys finger to the knuckle joint. at that point i'm guessing it would realise it couldnt eat you anymore and regurgitate it.... as long as it doesnt eat ur whole hand.... i think you will be sweet... even if it did eat ur arm it couldnt get past ur shoulder....

yeah i think you are on about the same one as me it was a woma python

Food associations

I know a lot of people hand feed their snakes but don't they say you should use tweezers/tongs so it doesn't associate your hand with food?

i have that song stuck in my head....but i can't remember all the lyrics just the "why did you let him go, because he bit my finger so" some childrens song i havent though about in ages, i think it was to do with fish though hahaha

my spotted did that a couple of months ago only it didn't bite me first it just squeezed it and started to swallow.

i have that song stuck in my head....but i can't remember all the lyrics just the "why did you let him go, because he bit my finger so" some childrens song i havent though about in ages, i think it was to do with fish though hahaha

1 ,2, 3, 4, 5, once I caught a fish alive.
6, 7, 8, 9, 10, then I let it go again.
Why did you let it go?
Because it bit my finger so.
Which finger did it bite?
This little finger on my right!

Two kids 5 and 6. Couple years ago I was doing a job for extra cash and co-worker asks me my favorate song to pass the time and get some momentem. All I could think of was some stupid Wiggles song that my kids had played four hundred million times!

How did you get your finger back? just wait for it to regurge?

How did you get your finger back? just wait for it to regurge?

When it happened to me I just completely submerged the snake's head under water. He spat out my finger after a few minutes.

The whole thing was rather embarrassing, as I was trying to demonstrate how friendly this snake was. Needless to say, the person to whom I was demonstrating has never gone near this snake after that day.

And yes, I'm glad it was just a small snake!

Stewart

lmao, thats gold!

Never mind about your finger. Just make sure the snake is ok :p

:lol: Yuck Jen, that sounds groce.

I find those little snakes are worse for that sort of thing. Mine have done it - my female stimmy was a nasty b**** and all the tricks in the book to get her off she just hung on. I ended up gently poking the handle end of a wooden spoon through where the corner of her mouth is so next time she chomped she couldn't and had to let go. Didn't stop her swinging back for another go, though :lol: This only worked when she was anywhere but over my fingers of course.

1 ,2, 3, 4, 5, once I caught a fish alive.
6, 7, 8, 9, 10, then I let it go again.
Why did you let it go?
Because it bit my finger so.
Which finger did it bite?
This little finger on my right!

Two kids 5 and 6. Couple years ago I was doing a job for extra cash and co-worker asks me my favorate song to pass the time and get some momentem. All I could think of was some stupid Wiggles song that my kids had played four hundred million times!

ahahah you're awesome! i used to love this song as a kid hehe. sorry for hijackin the thread.
I really hope my little guy doesnt try to eat me (oo 4 hours!) i only have little fingers, so i'm sure it wouldnt take much ahah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back