Well fed Scrubby photos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allies_snakes

Reaction score
Finally found these photos of a scrubby i've had in a file on my computer that we came across whilst out reveging an area around north cairns a couple of months ago. Thought some people might be interested in them.

We think it has eaten a wallaby as the area is full of them. We had a group of volunteers with us, so we did a 40m quarden off area around it, to let it digest in peace.

Great to see these big ones around.
Mixed 002.jpg

Mixed 004.jpg

Mixed 005.jpg

Mixed 006.jpg

Mixed 007.jpg

Ta mate, yeah, it didnt even budge when I took the photos, was happy or just too stuffed to move much. Seen a few of them around, as well as the local vet having had one bought in there, but it was cranky and bit her. They are either mellow or fiesty i find..

Surprisingly enough, she was trying to pull it off her by pulling and yanking it (**cringes**) she didnt know to blow on it, so i did and it released pretty quickly.

Do many ppl know that do you think? I was taught that, and it works, if your ever bitten.

By any snake, or just scrubbies?

Hey Jen,
Over the years i've been around people that have been bitten by different types (pythons) and ones that have latched on, i've blown on them and they have released. The hate it. At first i thought the would go for my face when i've been that close to their heads blowing on them, but they release and cringe or put their heads down and away from the blowing, they've never struck at me.

Sometimes you have to blow a few times before they will let go, the worst was my baby spotty, she mistook my finger for a pinky as i was preparing her for a feed, she smelt it and got excited, latched onto my finger and wouldnt let go. I blew and blew and it took about 10 breaths before she let go. Its usually quick, safe and wont break fangs. ;)

Cool, will have to try it, virgil is a bit bitey :)

Nice pics mate, well done. It is always great to see them in there natural environment.

Thanks mate, these were taken at Machans Beach, down near the river mouth. Always great to see them about.

nice photo's you see a lot more of them around here in the wamer months iv'e never seen any in the cairns area around this time of the year

blowing on srubbies heads lol

scrubs are the best aussie python of all

its the term"blowing on there heads" hehe

and yes expiring air from your mouth onto the heads or into the side of there mouths works on some pythons
it doesent work on my adult waterpython
but works on my carpets:D

funny.. curious..were you in the gutter posting comments like that?..i like your humour pimp..
yes agree, it doesnt work on all snakes..i just opened up the enclosure door to refresh the water for my sick spotty..
1. she is feeling MUCH better after a bout of respiratory infection
2. she is hungry
3. she latched on and for the first time, she wouldnt let go when i.. 'expelled air from my mouth onto the crown of her scapula' (just for you pimp)
4. she is getting a needle for that (kidding, i have to give her her injection)

Great photos Allie,

Very relieved that you 'cleaned' up your reference to removing biting snakes, I feel so much better now. :lol:

If you use your imagination, the first photo looks like a fat dinosaur lying down, curled up and its legs are hidden. Can anybody else see/imagine that?

nice picks the snake does look like it wants go move any were for awhile it look pretty content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back