price of frozen rats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chloethepython

Reaction score
went to the the pet shop to buy some mice,they also had frozen rats for 16 dollars each [adult] which i think is a bit steep
just wondering what other people pay for frozen rats?

im definitely going to start breeding my own

thanks in advance

$16 is a rip off! (well compared to our petshop) for us its about $13.50 for a "Jumbo Rat" ( the biggest of big)

I work in a pet store and the prices have risen about 20 to 30% because there is a shortage on at the moment so all the suppliers that have them in stock are bumping up the prices beacuse people are desperate for them.

Whoa 600 grams - I think one of my pet cats is smaller than that. That is one serious rat :) Thanks Cockney Red.

i wish i could get $10-$16.00 for a rat i could then quite my job . we sell ours 200+ grams for $4.50 large mice $1.20 . my local pet shop would only pay you $2.00 for a rat and 75 c for a adult mouse . they sell them for $10.00 for a med rat and 3.50 for adult mice . so how do you justify petshop prices . i know i wont sell to them ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back