Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think it was photoshopped in the first place. The green colour of the leaves in the pic looks normal.

Last edited:
Probably just white balance, see if they're more/less appealing colour corrected;)

Hi all,

Everywhere it's the same discussion over and over again. I do understand the doubt that the colours are fake but I will shoot some new pictures outside including the jags. Hope that this will clear the sky a bit. I'm sure there will always be people who like to argue. Our snakes are often presented at shows and many people visit our facility and see them with their own eyes. It's just very hard to catch the real yellow.

This are pictures of diamond jungle jags, they made by the guys of PrecisionReptiles. I visit there facility regularly and many others see their jags and it's not fake!!!

Cheers Mark

Attachments

• djj7.jpe
    djj7.jpe
    41.2 KB · Views: 43
  • DJJ2nd_18m.jpg
    DJJ2nd_18m.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 47
Now that is BS, blood types are controlled by a few genes, you really think the different subspecies or carpet only differ by a few alleles? And what makes you think the one subspecies of dog differ more then the carpets?

Call it what you will but there is that much difference that you don't have in Carpets . But then so many are caught up in the emotions of being against Crosses that they missed the biggest point IE Dogs and People are much higher order organisms than snakes. Like I said it is like discussing inbreeding science has little to do with why most those against it feel the way they do. So disagree all you like it doesn't change what is..

Australis, if you want to disagree fine but where did I even imply that was the reason for doing the cross? Yep never said that I just confirmed what the OP had stated so how about disagreeing with something I actually have said. The crosses are done because they produce some killer looking animals and because the people who own the animals are allowed to breed what the want to breed. And yes if I want to try and breed my Boeleni to a Corn snake I am free to give it a try , after all they are my critters and no one has the right to tell me I can't breed them to what ever I choose. You may not like it but hey I bet I could find things you do that I don't like. The difference between us is that I wouldn't think to tell you what you can and can't do with your animals, where you seem to feel you have the right to tell other what they can and can't do with theirs. And that is what this comes down too, some trying to impose their personal beliefs on others.

In your country for the most part you don't have a choice the state decides what you can and can't breed and really what you can keep and animals that you can never have, well legally anyway.

I have to wonder, not all that long ago all Carpets were lumped together into one sub species. What would happen to your beliefs and those who feel as you do if tomorrow someone lumped them all back together? Would you then argue that localities shouldn't be crossed? who decides where one locality ends and another begins? Or would you argue that lumping them together is wrong ? maybe the person who separated them was wrong? You see you're argueing about something that really some person decided and that in the future some other person may decide was a bunch of BS and change. All so you can try and tell someone else what they can and can't do with their animals.. Sure that seems reasonable doesn't it.. Randy

popcorn.jpg

Australis, if you want to disagree fine but where did I even imply that was the reason for doing the cross? Yep never said that I just confirmed what the OP had stated so how about disagreeing with something I actually have said. The crosses are done because they produce some killer looking animals and because the people who own the animals are allowed to breed what the want to breed. And yes if I want to try and breed my Boeleni to a Corn snake I am free to give it a try , after all they are my critters and no one has the right to tell me I can't breed them to what ever I choose. You may not like it but hey I bet I could find things you do that I don't like. The difference between us is that I wouldn't think to tell you what you can and can't do with your animals, where you seem to feel you have the right to tell other what they can and can't do with theirs. And that is what this comes down too, some trying to impose their personal beliefs on others.

Well, from the section i quoted randy, it appears you support or agree with the husbandry advantage of crossing out diamond pythons into other sub-species...thats how i read it.
Of course yourself and even many here in Australia are free to cross and or create hybrid reptiles (in some states atleast), but in the same way those against it are free to voice their concern and disapproval of something that threatens the very thing they enjoy, and if you dont like that, well thats just too bad.

In your country for the most part you don't have a choice the state decides what you can and can't breed and really what you can keep and animals that you can never have, well legally anyway.

Not all Australian states prohibit the creation of hybrids/crosses and yet plenty of people still strive to keep pure animals there, its not the laws that are the only reason people want to keep pure (real) animals.
So im not sure where your going with that, considering even in North American there are folks still wanting to keep things pure...
It might be hard for you to understand, but there are people who simply respect native fauna.

I have to wonder, not all that long ago all Carpets were lumped together into one sub species. What would happen to your beliefs and those who feel as you do if tomorrow someone lumped them all back together? Would you then argue that localities shouldn't be crossed? who decides where one locality ends and another begins? Or would you argue that lumping them together is wrong ? maybe the person who separated them was wrong? You see you're argueing about something that really some person decided and that in the future some other person may decide was a bunch of BS and change. All so you can try and tell someone else what they can and can't do with their animals.. Sure that seems reasonable doesn't it.. Randy

When all the Carpets (and the childreni complex) were lumped together, there were still people breeding true to locality, so i dont see how that would change if some of the sub-species are again removed...??
Not everyone is looking for a justification to cross the various type of carpet, i dont need anyone else to recognize something i can see with my own eyes, a diamond is a diamond and a jungle is a jungle to me regardless of its sub-species status, and im sure a lot of people would see it the same way..

Maybe you just see a python in a box when you look at your animals, but when i look at mine, i see some of my countries amazing native wildlife, and that means something to me, hell its the reason i keep reptiles to begin with, these are the animals i grew-up with in the bush, and the animals i still see in the bush.
This might be something you cant comprehend, but thats your loss not mine.

Last edited:
Australis, why not just be honest and say 'I don't like hybrids or in this case crosses' ? Why do you feel you have to insult people, read into what they say and try to twist things to support your opinion and to suit your agenda ? And don't give me the I'd keep them Diamonds even is they were all lumped together BS you only think they are different because someone told you they were different.. There is far more difference in appearance between a solid chestnut horse and a pinto yet you know they are just a horse of a different color. Why do you know that because someone told you they were. Tomorrow they could be split into 40 subspecies then what do you do, how do you justify your opinion then? I know you'll try to think of something .

Quote"Maybe you just see a python in a box when you look at your animals, but when i look at mine, i see some of my countries amazing native wildlife, and that means something to me, hell its the reason i keep reptiles to begin with, these are the animals i grew-up with in the bush, and the animals i still see in the bush.
This might be something you cant comprehend, but thats your loss not mine. ""

No loss here as I get to enjoy the flora and fauna of my country as well as the flora and fauna from other countries as well. So why not stop trying to belittle and insulting and just be honest as I said above. I find it kind of sad that some of you seem to feel that we have and we don't want you to ever have what we have. Well too late for most of it but you still have a few we don't. Myself in the same position surely wouldn't feel that way I'd be questioning why close the door after the horse has already escaped.

Here's one to think about why are Northern Emeralds and Basin Emeralds still lumped together far more difference in the two than there is any any of the carpet subspecies. They are the same because someone said they are the same just as Carpets are different because someone decided they were. And for those that don't know do a search for each and just look at the scalation on the heads alone and you'll see what I'm talking about you don't have to consider the differences in size, color and scale count just look at the heads. Maybe tomorrow someone will split them who knows but there are so many example like them.

Now we could go on with this nonsense and yeah it is nonsense , the guy posted some photos of his snake you and others decided to make it into a anti cross/hybrid tirade again. You don't like them fine and dandy but I wonder if every time you posted a photo of you animals and people took the thread off into left field and insulted you and your animals if you'd wonder what the heck is wrong with these people.

As for the folks crossing and breeding hybrids somehow impacting those that don't well think about this. Is having a snake of any kind something vital to you, your rights and existence? Nope it sure isn't. What is the difference in this and someone telling you to breed this diamond to that Diamond when you wanted to breed something else to it ? Hey should that person have the right to the animal they want instead of the diamonds you want? from the logic poured out in these threads you must believe that. You seem to feel that someone else is responsible for providing you with what you want irregardless of what they want. Your wants trump the person who owns the animals wants so where does it end? I'm sure someone will try to argue that and just prove that they think what they want is more important than what others want.. To many wants in all that, how about do with yours as you please and let others have the same right with theirs....Randy

Australis, why not just be honest and say 'I don't like hybrids or in this case crosses' ? Why do you feel you have to insult people, read into what they say and try to twist things to support your opinion and to suit your agenda ? And don't give me the I'd keep them Diamonds even is they were all lumped together BS you only think they are different because someone told you they were different.. There is far more difference in appearance between a solid chestnut horse and a pinto yet you know they are just a horse of a different color. Why do you know that because someone told you they were. Tomorrow they could be split into 40 subspecies then what do you do, how do you justify your opinion then? I know you'll try to think of something . ....Randy

Randy,

What exactly have i twisted to suit my "agenda" and where have i insulted "people"........?

Yet, your more than happy to question (insult) my honestly in the same post, you must be joking, surely!
Whats not being honest? ive hardly tried to conceal my dislike for hybrids and or crosses, what i have tried to do is explain why i think the way i do.

I wouldnt want to be accused of "reading into what (you) they say", but are you honestly trying to compare the colour/pattern differences between two domestic horses and the difference between the carpet sub-species? :|

Any change to the Latin names, with regards to a removal of some (or all) sub-species wouldnt change how i think at all, the common names wont disapear with them, and the sub-species will simply be refered to by their geographic origins, which is a common practice here anyways.
In my last post i corrected some of your misinformation in regards to how things are here in Australia, with your insinuation that Australians are only keeping pure animals based on rules and regulations given by licensing authorities, of course this is a complete fallacy.

Hey i guess a lot of Australians grew-up with these magnificentc creatures in their backyards so we can apprectiate them for what they are, some even making considerable effort to see them out in the wild maybe you cant relate to this, or fully comprehend it, but you dont seem to grasp the concept at all, i like to get out there and see wildlife, and also keep a small number of native animals (not just reptiles) at home to enjoy.... but from where i stand a unnatural cross isnt anything in my eyes, not interesting or worth keeping at all...

Matt.

I love crosses and lets face it we have no chance of your governments giving us any new blood is there !!unless we risk the animals lives via smuggling !!
this guys working with what he has .you people crack me up with this high and mighty purist ****e .theres no way on this planet you can convince a crosser to stop, so why bother ruining all the threads people put decent looking crosses on ? its just boring zzzzz

I love crosses and lets face it we have no chance of your governments giving us any new blood is there !!unless we risk the animals lives via smuggling !!
this guys working with what he has .you people crack me up with this high and mighty purist ****e .theres no way on this planet you can convince a crosser to stop, so why bother ruining all the threads people put decent looking crosses on ? its just boring zzzzz

Sorry, where was a decent looking cross posted? i must of missed it, no accounting for taste.

Nice to see our governments got something right......;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back