heat rock

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am currently using a heat mat for the click clack for the snake but it is not getting hot enough, and i don't want to use a light on the click clack so the next option is the heat rock.

Your best bet would to buy a heat pad that produces more heat i.e higher wattage.

When I first purchased my enclosure, the guy at the pet store recommended that I get a heat rock but after a day or two I took it back for a refund because it wasn't keeping the enclosure warm enough (only 22 degrees). Plus after doing some research I realised that they aren't the best option because they can fail and can continue to heat and if the snake is already sitting on it, it won't move and will end up getting burnt.

I now have a light (with a cover) that is controlled with a thermastat and it's keeping the enclosure around 29 degrees. A bit more expensive, but totally worth it.

i have the enclosures which are all set up with lights and thermostats but this one needs to be in a click clack and with the size of the click clack the heat mat that fits under half the click clack is only 7watts and only heats it to 23-25 and this is during the day and at night it gets a lot colder and i don't want another light going so the only other option is a heat rock that is thermostatically controlled. other wise that is my last choice and would never use one.

Casho - Get a heat cord and run multiple rows alongside each other - the more rows, the hotter, less rows, cooler...

the problem is that the smallest heatcord is 4m and that is way to long i would only need about 2m so what would i do with the rest.

Cash, what many do here is to router a track into the bottom, side or where ever they want the heat in the outer cage surface. As for using that much length all I can suggest is to run it closer together and use a thermostat to control the temp.. I use some heat rope but much prefer panels or heat tape. One thing about lights is that they are unsafe to use no matter how you use them and they use a lot more energy to heat the same space. yeah none of them are perfectly safe but the only thing less safe to use than lights would be a small fireplace in your cage lol.. Randy

Randy, he has the snake in a click clack, its made of plastic so you cant router a track in it.

LOL yeah that would make a mess of it.. so I take it a click clack is a tub then.. Wonder why they are called that..

Cash what kind and size heat mat were you using and how were you using it, what is your room temp? A photo of your setup would help? I can't imagine it not heating a tub up enough. Heck my baby racks have the heat tape in the back and still warm the tubs up more than enough.. Randy

i have decided to get an ultimate heat mat-medium 20watts from urs, it is the right size for the tub and a higher wattage than the on i have at the moment.

u have always used a heat rock under a spot lamp for my pygmy beardies. i put one in withy my snake after he moved on from a click clack and he clearly didn't rate it. i took it out after i realised that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back