Few random gecko pickies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Took a few shots last night and thought I'd share a few of them. Feel free to add your own pics.

scarycolouredocc.jpg

amyaeprofile.jpg

asperprofile.jpg

pilbprofile.jpg

babyocc.jpg

strellbub.jpg

laevfem-1.jpg

Awesome shots, I love how they all seem to have a smug expression all the time. lol.

Me too JasonL, can't get better than a nice levis, occ or pilb. It's the huge variation in colour that does it for me.

so what species do you have there saz? You breeding stellatus this year, they are a very pretty gecko.

Probably should have put labels on the photos LOL!

In order, they are N.levis occidentalis, N.amyae, N.asper, N.levis pilbariensis, N.levis occidentalis, N.stellatus, N.laevissimus

thought that was laevissimus in the last pic. Something that still confuses me is how to tell asper from amyae, i have never had a close look so how do you tell them apart?

Easiest way to tell is the massive size difference, however eye colour and body colour is also dramatically different. A friend of mine has red asper and even though the colouration is more similar to amyae than the darker form, it still looks totally different.

Here's a couple more...
U.milii
milfem.jpg

S.swaini - coolest eyes ever!
swainifem.jpg

so amyae has that copper sheen and asper that metalic blue/grey?

Yup, can't remember what colour the red asper have mind you? Size is an easy way to do it though, provided you know the age. A fully grown amyae is huge compared to a fully grown asper.

:)

N.asper.....just wow Saz
kind of looks prickly...like the back of a beardie!
how big are the adults.?

Saz,
Your stellatus and laevissimus are stunning!! Care to show some extra pics of those 2 species in particular?? Aswell as your Oedura's and Saltuarius'?

Absolutely beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back