incubator?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sigridshurte

Reaction score
hey people
i just found out by my vet that my 2 coastals are ready for breeding this season YAHOO!
so i got a bar fridge of the incubation of the eggs, my questing is
what is the better heat sorce, lights or cods if lights what watt? and it cord what length and watt?
and what is the best type of thermostat to buy ? and what brand? money isnt a issue.
i think thats it :)
:D

i'm going to use heat cord in my incubator with an on/off thermostat, hope it does the trick.

yea it's my first time breeding so i really wanna get it right first time
anyone elce???

I use heat cord and a dimming or pulse proportional thermostat - they hold a much steadier temperature...

...obviously they are more expensive thermostats, however, you only need to hatch one egg for them to pay themselves off...

im using a heat cord about 4 mtres and a pulse thermostat and a desk fan....but you can use 2 or 3 40watt globes.

no not if your temps are right just make sure your have a twin thermo metre...checking temps inside and out the eggs

Last edited:
i hered pulsing and diming can overheat them is this true or not?

...please explain...overheat what? the heat source or the incubator...?

...Thermostats regulate temperature - that's why they are used...

i hered pulsing and diming can overheat them is this true or not?

dimming or pulsing are better as temp gets closer to set point they slow down so temp is more stable
if you use on of type when thermostate turnes off at set point the tempture will still rise above set point and when it falls below set point it will turn on again not as stable and an old computer fan is ample to cerculate air arround
only if needed.

I use 4 x40 watt globes with a digital on/off thermostat (refrigeration thermostat) and i hold a steady .1 of degree either side of the set point 24/7.

Sigrid, if you do a search Reptile Incubators you should find a bunch of info and some plans.. If that doesn't help let me know and I'll get you links to some threads where they have built them.. Randy

yea i have been reading lots of wed sites but they all do it different ways, thats why i was asking.
and first_time_owner if i can hatch them id sell them to anyone with-in QLD that has a licence.
thanks for you advice on dimmer's and pulsers they sound like just what i need.sorry i keep asking questions but what is a twin thermo metre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back