new food for bluie???????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaidro

Reaction score
hi all. we have a bluie thats about 40cms long now. and a large one too. lol we were just wondering if its possible to feed him a pinkie mice or 2? we have 2 left from our freezer, and the little snake we have is now on fuzzies, and we no longer need them. so would this be possible? and if so, how do we do it? please and thanks:lol::D:D

kellie and kai

I think i have read about blues taking the occasional pinkie, but i don't keep bluies

Mine have eaten them as a treat occasionally...

Ben

Kaidro - A 40cm Bluey should take the pinky easily - either place it in the food bowl with the greens or offer by hand or tweezers...nothing to it...

Only give them as a treat as they can make your lizard gain weight (from personal experience)

how fat should a blue tounge be at his length? just wondering

Ours love them. Nothing like that goes to waste round here.

Our long necked turtles like pink mice as a treat also.

yer they luv em and its a good hit of calcium/ and a couple is a good feed

Mine will take anything up to adult size, if i have any mice left after feed night that i have thawed in they go it's a race to get them, pretty cool to watch to.

Hmm i dont know how big it should be without a photo. There is a site which shows pictures of fat blueys and skinny blueys which could help if i could find the site.

pinkies are actually made up in the diet that is used at currumbin wildlife and i think it was said about once a week or once a month you can feed them a pinkie....its Evan in the book so yea go for it

Hi there,

I have fed blue tongues i have owned pinkies, if you shake them from side to side ( the mouse of course) they g nuts i think its great just before winter sets in because when they go into hybrenation you know they have had something nutricious and fattening to help them through.

Cheers
Cleo

They eat them with no worries. We have a few and the larger ones wouldn't be any longer than 25cm and will scoff pinkies, fuzzies and hopper mice and ask for more. In regards to your question about how to feed them just take the mouse between your index finger and thumb, put it in front of its nose and make sure that you move your fingers faster than he moves his mouth!!!:)

i would like to ask another question though, as i am not sure. would you heat it? if so, i'll feed him today. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back