DIY outdoor enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mckellar007

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
me and my mate decided quiet a while ago, we needed to build an outdoor enclosure for my turtles. so, as boys do when they get an idea, we just ripped into the garden and dug a giant hole, ripped the pre-existing pond out, destroyed mothers favorite plants, encountered many troubles along the way, so, we abandoned the idea.
2 months later, i got sick of mum complaining about the mess in the yard, so we started at it again. we decided that if we were going to make it work this time, we would have to be a little more creative and plan what we are building! my mate things we will be finished by friday, i think we will be finished by july... if we're lucky!! here are some photos of our D-I-Y, outdoor enclosure in the making!

Last edited:
hey im looking at building an outdoor enclosure to. it would be great if you could PM me when it is finished and show me some pics
Thanks

update!

some pics of how its going now!! sorry about the bad quality, i took this lot with my phone!

we just have to wait until i have the money to finish it off now!

Last edited:
I like the idea of using wooden beams for the fence. Are they treated pine? Also, have you got any barrier underneath the fence line? Turtles can dig as well :)

I'm landscaping my frontyard and i'm including a 1.5x1.5m ish pond. Also a dry creekbed & end pond. Should be good. Keep up the good work, i'll be watching this thread for good ideas!

yes they are treated pine, and we were going to cement underneath but changed our mind and are now using chicken wire and weed mat. much better drainage and alot less exspensive. also looking for ideas for a lid of some sort. to keep birds out, and keep lizards, dragons, monitors in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back