Bryan Fry to speak at the VHS meeting - Friday May 30

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herptrader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Many of you will know Dr. Bryan Grieg Fry as one of the researchers who discovered venom in monitors. He seems to live a pretty ideal life for a herper traipsing the world looking for herps in the name of research.

On Friday May 30 he will be the special guest speaker at the VHS meeting to be held at Monash University's Clayton Campus. **All are welcome**

I have put up a page with some of his pictures as a teaser on the Herp Trader web site: http://www.herptrader.com.au/vhs/ The photos include some of him with what I presume are some of Melbourne Zoos Beaded Lizards. I am guessing that these might be the ones that made the news earlier this week when they were successfully bred.

Please make a note in your diaries as this VHS meeting is one not to be missed.

f15.jpg

I'd love to come from NSW for this one! Hmmmm will se what the better half decides!

I am quite excited to see Bryan's presentation. I think it is the discovery of venom like substances in monitors which in some ways comes from left field but in others makes complete sense.
He also seems to be a bit of a performer and I get the sense he knows how to hold his audience and I think it will be an evening that will stick in the mind of those that attend for the rest of their lives.

Brilliant stuff!! I can't wait for this one! I've met him on the odd occasion (not that he'd probably remember :lol:) and reckon this will be well worth coming along to!

great news. it should be a pretty entertaining talk. some of the stories i have heard from bryan have had me in stitches from laughing so much

Bryan has pointed out to us that the Melbourne zoo has no "Beaded Lizards' - they have Gila Monsters.

In the photos on the link below Bryan is milking a lizard in California.

Many of you will know Dr. Bryan Grieg Fry as one of the researchers who discovered venom in monitors. He seems to live a pretty ideal life for a herper traipsing the world looking for herps in the name of research.

On Friday May 30 he will be the special guest speaker at the VHS meeting to be held at Monash University's Clayton Campus. **All are welcome**

I have put up a page with some of his pictures as a teaser on the Herp Trader web site: http://www.herptrader.com.au/vhs/ The photos include some of him with what I presume are some of Melbourne Zoos Beaded Lizards. I am guessing that these might be the ones that made the news earlier this week when they were successfully bred.

Please make a note in your diaries as this VHS meeting is one not to be missed.

:( Didn't realise it was on, just read the thread now. I'll see what I can do!!

;) the banner announcing the VHS meeting has been on the front page of the HerpTrader for 3 weeks ....
Haha yeah, well I've been checking the VHS website but last time I checked must have been just before it was announced.

why do i always hear about these at the last minute

i love gila monsters but sadly wont be able to make it

spewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back