Bikes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forensick

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
i bought a new bike today!
a Merida Speedster T1

specs:

• FRAME: Speed Alloy
  • FORK: Speeder Lite
  • BB SET: Shimano UN26
  • BRAKE LEVERS: XL95
  • BRAKES-F/R: V-Brake Linear
  • BRAKE FRONT: V-Brake Linear
  • BRAKE REAR: V-Brake Linear
  • BRAKE CABLE: MTK720 2P
  • CHAIN HOUSING: MTK720 SP40
  • CHAIN: Shimano CN-HG50
  • CHAINWHEEL: Shimano M191, 48/38/28 CG
  • DERAILLEURS-F/R: Shimano M310, 31.8 mm / Sora
  • DERAILLEUR (FRONT): Shimano M310, 31.8 mm T-Swing
  • DERAILLEUR (REAR): Shimano Sora GS
  • FREEWHEEL: Sunrace CS-R6, 12-24T
  • GRIP: X-Mission Comp
  • HANDLEBAR: X-Mission Speed Flat, 600
  • H-B STEM: X-Mission Speed, 6?
  • HEADSET: M10 Neck
  • HUBS-F/R: Alloy QR / Shimano 2200
  • HUB FRONT: Alloy QR
  • HUB REAR: Shimano 2200
  • PEDALS: XC Steel
  • RIMS: Road Double NC, black
  • SADDLE: X-Mission Speed
  • SADDLE CLAMP: Road Allen
  • SEAT POST: X-Mission Speed SB20, 27.2
  • SHIFTERS-F/R: Shimano ST-R225 -3s / -8s
  • SHIFTER FRONT: Shimano ST-R225 -3s
  • SHIFTER REAR: Shimano ST-R225 -8s
  • SPOKES: Stainless silver
  • TIRE-F/R: Maxxis Wormdrive 32 Reflex
  • TIRE FRONT: Maxxis Wormdrive 32 Reflex
  • TIRE REAR: Maxxis Wormdrive 32 Reflex

Most of that means nothing to me tho.

Figured its time to be enviromentally and health responsible (well more so), so this is my fist bike since early high school..

planning on riding to work 2 days a week (20km round trip wewt!)

Great bike.

Attachments

• merida_07_fbar_t1.jpg
    merida_07_fbar_t1.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 104
good on ya. i ride into work sometimes, it's really enjoyable. bloody cold on it in melbourne. whatch out for the taxis. they are the worst.

i ride a mountain bike for fitness cause i like to ride through the bush and look for herps at same time:D

Congratulations.

In the last couple of months there has been a noticeable increase in the number of people on the bike paths which is good to see.

I cross the freeway a number of times on my ride to work and I always get a smile when I see the stationary traffic below.

I use a Cannondale Jekyl for my commute bike on which I do about 200k per week. I figure I save about $30 per week in LPG that would go into my ute for commuting so I might as well have a decent bike, fast, efficient and reliable. I got a set of 700c road wheels made for it in addition to the MTB wheels that came with it. I have also upgraded the front disk brake and replaced the seat, seat post, bars and a number of other dodads becasue... well the originals wore out/broke due to fatigue issues. I have recently replaced my very old and warn out 747 pedals with current model XTR ones.

The base model looks a bit like:

4VN3BLU.jpg

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/04/ce/model-4VN3.html

Both my bikes are gone, my one which was stolen by someone when my brother left it in front of his friends house and someone snatched it and my other my brothers friend borrowed and gave it to another friend and now no one knows where it is.

I'll be saving up for a bike after i finish saving up for my next reptiles, the bearded dragons.

i ride a mountain bike for fitness cause i like to ride through the bush and look for herps at same time:D

Field herping on a mountain bike is definitely the way to go. You cover much much more ground and sacrifice very little over herping on foot. The little desert national park and Victorian state forests on the divide are my favorite places to go "bike herping".

im to young to go herping........ so i must wait for frogs to jump in my pool or for snakes to slither in the house!!

given i ride a motorbike the petrol cost is minimal, so i'll save maybe $3 a week!

its more a health thing for me... and i think more bikes on the road encourages car drivers to make the switch

and just then on new inventors it said "bike sales have outstripped car sales"

We have some sort of professional racer.
Allsop Soft (something) i think its called, it has a carbon fibre extension instead of the normal seat, kinda hard to explain.

Thinking of selling it anyway, its not getting used here.

oh, does anyone have insurance?

should i get some?
who supplies it?

If you join Bicycle Victoria that there is some insurance that comes with membership. .. or at least they have some options for sensible bike insurance.

actually i also recently bought a bike to ride to work. its probably a 10 - 12 km round trip. the girl i bought it off bought it 2 yrs ago for $350, rode it only a few times, and i got it for $85.

Great that people are being more conscious but if you are gonna ride on public roads.............follow the rules !!
So many cyclists take their lives into their own hands and endanger others

Great that people are being more conscious but if you are gonna ride on public roads.............follow the rules !!
So many cyclists take their lives into their own hands and endanger others

Unlike so many car drivers that i see every day:rolleyes:
Seriously, is 10 seconds REALLY that important to so many people?
If the government would allocate 5% of road spending to building decent bike paths / lanes the problem would be solved.

depends on what you mean by good and cheap...

i spent $700 and consider cheap
but you could go to a tip, spend $20, and $55 getting it serviced properly, and have a good bike.

McBoob.... my rule, as a wheel rider (i ride the motorised ones too) is:
there are 2 types of car drivers
those who can't see you, they will kill you
and those that can see you, but don't care, and they will kill you

basicly EVERYTHING someone on a bike does is to not have a car kill them....
over 90$ of bike and motorbike casualties are CAUSED by the car.... so don't blame the rider

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back